So how many of you fuckers have long hair?

used to have it up to my upper back in college. even had it straightened for awhile. these days i go back and forth from medium to long-ish hair that can be combed to look decent or left tousled and messy. im thinking about going shoulder length.

My hair is dirty blonde, thin as fuck, and very ratty when it's really long. My bangs, especially, are very thin and look borderline non-existent, even when my hair is long. Who has long thin hair that can give me tips on how to successfully grow it out without it looking retarded and un-metal?

When it comes to hair, some people have good genetics and some people don't. But there could be a number of reasons why your hair is the way it is.

If I were you, from now on spend the extra money and go to a nice hair salon, it's totally worth it. Being cheap and spending $10 on a haircut won't help you, not to mention people who work at those cheapo places aren't that talented! And if you want your hair to grow faster/better, you should get trims every now and then. This way you're getting rid of split ends and stuff and improving the condition of your hair so it will grow in better.

You can buy all sorts of products to help your hair. Maybe try a scalp-therapy shampoo & conditioner? This will improve your scalp's 'environment' and help with your hair. Also, follicle boosters and root lifters will definitely help with weak/fine bangs. You can always ask people at the salon for advice too.

Also:
-if you use straighteners/blow-dryers always make sure you always use product to protect your hair from heat.

-shower every other day at most as showering daily isn't good for your hair.

-exercise, eat healthy, drink water, vitamins

-I wouldn't recommend dying your hair or anything, that could damage it.

Hope that helps :)

Hope that helps :)

I was just thinking earlier today "where did Vossyrus go?" and now I know you didn't go anywhere! I always imagine you having fantastic deathrock-hawk, am I right?

My hair is absolutely disgusting, broken and orange - I haven't had a trim in a year and a half and I dye it at home once a month and am overdue for a touchup. It is long enough for hairbra.

To the OP, like Vossyrus said avoid all agents that could damage it. Don't sit around in the sun or shampoo every day (showering every day is ok, it's the shampooing that de-oils the hair and can make it brittle) and obviously use plenty of conditioning treatment. You don't need salon grade products but use something a step or two up from Pantene Pro-V/Herbal Essences etc. There are lots of "volumizing" products geared to people with thin hair. Avoid razor cuts and stripping when in the aalon as you're extra prone to breakage and split ends.

I've had long hair since around the age of 11. Here's a picture to use as a guideline of how to be fucking metal:

1f44aaa930.jpg

Used to have it past my shoulders, but it was fucking curly and was getting thinner every day. had it long for like 2 years, then got tired of messing with it and cut it.

Same here,long hair just pissed me off.
edit:In saying that Malign,you're a fucking badass fullstop,that is how a metalhead should look.Wearing your colours on your sleeve.:kickass:

I have shoulder length hair, have had it for about 3 years or so. I hear many people say the long hair look repels women but I have gotten pretty good feedback on mine, surprisingly. That said, I am considering getting rid of it soon, it's just time for a change I think.

Here's a picture for reference:

8232_652595992120_187904386_39799338_7976753_n.jpg

The boring thing about having long hair is that 99,9% of the compliments you get from women is "you have really beautiful hair!". Sure it is nice but gets boring after awhile. :p

The whole "repels" women depends on what kinda women you're going for.

Some women find a real turn on.

Yes of course, I was speaking generally, and even then just as an initial impression, which can be overcome.

I agree with you Vilden.