The Official Food Thread

Italian Roasted Chicken

o08nkh.jpg

I got the recipe from this, I even cooked it in my toaster oven like the video. Turned out really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
In light of Oktoberfest, I wanted to do something German, and Jägerschnitzel was specifically what I had in mind. Here I have them frying in the pan:
lJLw3Tc.jpg

Here it is served with mushroom gravy, which is what makes it Jägerschnitzel as opposed to some other type of Schnitzel. Alongside it, I have red cabbage and Spätzle - the latter was a prepackaged food that needed to be used soon.
MNbt1Tw.jpg

Had moo goo gai pan just now. This little Asian place feels the need to put zucchini in everything. Not bad, but a little weird, and had me missing the usual pea pods.

last good thing i cooked was chicken in some wine creamy sauce with thick chips (fries) and some prawn salad. The prawn salad doesn't really fit but it was the salad that I had in.

I'm sure other people probably do this. I marinate chicken breast in worcestershire sauce and pepper. Usually if I have italian dressing I will mix that in also, but I don't. Chicken turns out pretty good like this imo.

Tried this marinate out, turned out really good! I'll be doing this again.

2aeugcm.jpg

I did some roasted chicken thighs tonight along with risotto. I put lemon zest in the risotto for some lemony flavour. Alas, I did not take any pictures.

My aunt made cow belly last night. Blahhh. Really chewy. Apparently it's good in soup or with crazy Mexican spices. She made it with curry and potatoes and I totally ate the potatoes. Here's a picture of her cutting the cow belly (aka tripe).

cowbelly_zpsee418c53.jpg

Ragù Napoletano:

First I sear country style pork ribs and chicken thighs in a big pot:
w1HSPJ0.jpg

peUFBnv.jpg

Next I sear some sausages:
8msCy3k.jpg

I sauté the soffrito of onions, celery, and carrots:
yb3Uqo7.jpg

I add a good amount of red wine to deglaze the pan:
uWhuUHi.jpg

The meats return to the pot with San Marzano tomatoes: