The Official Food Thread

My aunt made cow belly last night. Blahhh. Really chewy. Apparently it's good in soup or with crazy Mexican spices. She made it with curry and potatoes and I totally ate the potatoes. Here's a picture of her cutting the cow belly (aka tripe).

I eat a tripe soup regularly. One of the better things in life.

Nice wholesome breakfast, to start the day.

r9pk52.jpg

Ragù Napoletano:

First I sear country style pork ribs and chicken thighs in a big pot:
w1HSPJ0.jpg

peUFBnv.jpg

Next I sear some sausages:
8msCy3k.jpg

I sauté the soffrito of onions, celery, and carrots:
yb3Uqo7.jpg

I add a good amount of red wine to deglaze the pan:
uWhuUHi.jpg

The meats return to the pot with San Marzano tomatoes:
XacwqbQ.jpg

Now it's been simmering for a few hours:
euZe4Yy.jpg

Ecco il prodotto finale:
lyUTLn2.jpg

And I thought what I made today was good. :worship:

I demand pictures of your thanksgiving tables, you teasing jerks.
I don't celebrate this holiday but I want to torture myself.

I demand pictures of your thanksgiving tables, you teasing jerks.
I don't celebrate this holiday but I want to torture myself.

I didn't take any pictures this year, but if you can imagine a table with Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Stuffing, Gravy, Scalloped Potatoes, Bread Rolls, Cheesecake, Cranberry Sauce, etc, you'll have just about every ones thanksgiving.

But I'm with you, if you have pictures, share'em!

thanksgiving food pictures, sorry some of these i took with messenger photo app which is why it looks weird.

argula salad i made:
thanksgiving5_zps4d9739ef.jpg

baked mac n cheese one of my sisters made:
thanksgiving_zps95fb87a1.jpg

oxtail!
thanksgiving3_zps912c02f9.jpg

fried fish with peppers and onions:
thanksgiving2_zps947aaa1e.jpg

the table with a jerk flavored turkey.
thanksgiving1_zps8dfbbaaf.jpg

It's really good! Hmm, it can be fatty though but when it's cooked as a stew it brews down nicely and tends to have a better texture than beef. But it taste just like beef, and pretty versatile.

From my knowledge Chinese and like islanders (West Indian) use it a lot. I never had it the Chinese style, but would love to try.

That fried fish looks gorgeous. A belly full of that and beer would have made a wonderful evening for me.

love orecchiette. So I'm making butternut squash and salmon right now. Weirdest thing happened...after I was done preparing the butternut squash, my left hand (the one that was holding the squash) got really dry and the skin felt tight. I washed it several times and still felt that way. I looked up "butternut squash and skin" and apparently it's pretty common. Weird