The Official Food Thread

Coleslaw Burger:

I also made the coleslaw for this, I went heavy on the Cayenne Pepper which gave it a nice spicy kick, overall this was pretty damn good I'll be making this again.

ClNbbB2.jpg

PohG7FK.jpg

thank you for cooking your burger in a cast iron. That's the only way to go in my opinion.

For lunch I made a nice, cheap meal: pan fried a trout fillet ($3ish) and paired with a salad (spinach, cucumber, feta with apple cider vinegar & olive oil) and rice. Easy and delicious.

For dinner tonight, since my girlfriend is out of town, I bought a couple of sausages. Gonna throw those in the cast iron

You should add some Peppers in with the sausages, that will make for a damn good meal.

I bought my cast iron a few years ago, it really is the way to go if your cooking indoors, nothing like the sound of throwing a burger or steak on a preheated cast iron, music to my ears.

Edit: Take pictures if you can, I love seeing what people make here.

The sausages I bought are chicken sausages stuffed with sundried tomatoes and chunks of brie...should be good enough on their own ;)

looks bomb. Sausage was good last night but wasn't spectacular. Ate like a fatass today. Went to a baby shower, and they had a taco guy there. Had five tacos and a quesadilla. Then went out to dinner with my mom, sister, and some family that were visiting. Had a 5 spice duck breast that was killer. Ugh. I gained 500 pounds today

Made some spaghetti with avocado, some feta cheese, garlic and drops of lime. Some green pesto too, but just a little. It's all green and beautiful.

That jalapeno pizza looks delicious!

looks bomb. Sausage was good last night but wasn't spectacular. Ate like a fatass today. Went to a baby shower, and they had a taco guy there. Had five tacos and a quesadilla. Then went out to dinner with my mom, sister, and some family that were visiting. Had a 5 spice duck breast that was killer. Ugh. I gained 500 pounds today

:kickass:

Anyone here tried Boos Philly Cheeesteaks in Hollywood? Best Cheesesteak i've had in my life. If any of you guys are in the area make sure to check it out. Oh and ask for the Cheez Whiz ... trust.

I don't like provolone. I'd much rather go with american cheese. Turns out that place is known for their Cheeze Whiz philly though ... and after trying it, it's clear to me why it's one of the hometown favorites.

Just had some Gouda that had been aged for 5 years. Mmmmm.

Corn Chowder

Start out with 1/2 a Brown Onion and 2 Ribs of Celery.

WRaSgXc.jpg

VrKr3Pp.jpg

Throw in a pot with some Olive Oil and some Thyme, cook till the onions are little translucent.

O4SvrYH.jpg

2 Potatoes chopped and diced.

lAa8yML.jpg

Add 3 cups of milk and some flour.

dLXtv0o.jpg

Chopped Green Onion

ph3gZkp.jpg

2 Cups of Corn

gz3B39Q.jpg

Keep at a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to eat.

8OVjtnt.jpg

And Done.

oz48nKL.jpg