The Official Food Thread

Guess I need a diet break. Can't wait to have some Kalleh Pache soon:

0.jpg

Even if that tasted amazing, I wouldn't want to eat it.

food looking like the thing it was...My philosophy is if it tastes good and doesn't kill me or give me the runs cool. (I'm also a stickler for texture but whatever). I don't see how skull is any different from bone marrow, tripe, or fried calamari, which is sometimes just fried pig anus.

pig anus is fucking delicious it's a delicacy in my country

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BaxUi2BA6ho[/ame]

important to baste it with the ketchup-soy sauce mixture while grilling

Eyeballs taste like nothing you've ever tried before, simply the most delicious meat if you ask me. They might be hard to look at the first time but as soon as they go in your mouth you'll realize what you've been missing out all this time. Brain doesn't have much of a "taste", it's fatty and soft but mixes well with bread and lime juice. The tongue might make the easiest choice for beginners as I suppose it doesn't look too bad and tastes slightly better than most other regular meat you eat. There are a lot of other parts inside and outside the head and they all taste differently. The whole thing might smell and taste a little weird to beginners but you'll start to love everything about it after the first few tries.

food looking like the thing it was...My philosophy is if it tastes good and doesn't kill me or give me the runs cool. (I'm also a stickler for texture but whatever). I don't see how skull is any different from bone marrow, tripe, or fried calamari, which is sometimes just fried pig anus.

what? :erk:

squid and pig intestine both form chewy, rubbery ring shapes when you cut them up (see my video)

Had some freshly caught, fried trout yesterday. Not a whole lot of truly fresh fish in my area available compared to those of you close to the coast so it's always nice.

019_zpsmqudfkb6.jpg

made some fried shrimp for dinner! batter is made of egg, water, flour, salt, pepper, old bay, and sesame oil. garnish with ginger, garlic and jalapenos also lightly battered. fry til crispy in vegetable oil. pretty damn good and i dont even cook much

Has anyone tried an Omelette this way? I'm curious to try it, but I think I'll end up wasting some eggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made chicken tinga tacos for Cinco de Mayo, with tomatillo salsa:
C2OhLlW.jpg

The recipe called for one and a half pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, although it could have used more, because there was a lot of excess sauce. There was enough that, later on, I cooked a couple more thighs to simmer in the remaining sauce.

Went on a mushroom hunt with my dad a while back. Came up with a couple pounds of Morels. Lightly battered and fried them... Jesus Christ. I would have taken a pic for you guys but they didn't last long enough. :lol:

I made chicken tinga tacos for Cinco de Mayo, with tomatillo salsa:
C2OhLlW.jpg

The recipe called for one and a half pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, although it could have used more, because there was a lot of excess sauce. There was enough that, later on, I cooked a couple more thighs to simmer in the remaining sauce.

I checked youtube for some recipes on making Tinga Tacos, I couldn't find any that didn't have a pre-packaged spice blend, what was your recipe? I'm curious to try this out.