The Official Movie Thread

I've heard strong opinions on both ends of the spectrum. Care to elaborate?

i wouldn't know where to begin, it externalises all the cesspools of the human mind like the best lynchian dreamscapes but it's less stylised and in turn even more naked and vulnerable, i have a feeling it's gonna haunt me for a long time. it's the kind of film that'll cut deeper the older you get as well, a LOT bleaker and more chaotic than any of his other films, hence the polarised responses i guess - the direction is amazing though, i kind of wish he'd directed all his other screenplays.

Is this the one that also goes by the name 'Escape from Absolom'? Haven't seen it, but it sounds a bit like Fortress. Speaking of which, there's a movie I haven't thought of for a long time. A fine slice of B-grade turkey.

I've never heard it go by a different name, but I could be mistaken. It's with Ray Liotta, and he's on this island full of prison inmates that are divided into two tribes (the savages and the peaceful ones) and shit starts to happen. I haven't seen it in a few years, but I remember it being enjoyable

Philip Seymour Hoffman's acting in Doubt pretty much solidifed my opinion of him as being a stellar actor.

Scifi, horror, anything violent. I love: The Matrix trilogy, Resident Evil series, Awake, the X-men trilogy, Alone in the Dark...I'm sure I'll think of more later.

i need to find a good comedy movie to download, something like pineapple express and i cant fucking find anything.

'synecdoche, new york'. candidate for film of the decade.

It is a brilliant movie. It really is about everything, somehow, and should speak to anyone who will listen. But I'm not sure I enjoyed it, and I'm not sure I will ever want to watch it again.

it's the kind of film that'll cut deeper the older you get as well

If that is the case, it will be the death of me. Cut deep enough already.