The Official Movie Thread

I know of it but I've never seen it, looks killer though, believe it came out the same year he did Crimson Tide which is awesome. Basically just waiting to find Virtuosity thrifting.

Ricochet came with another Denzel movie called For Queen and Country from 1988, interested to see what that's like, supposed to be a crime/drama.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher

This looks awesome, Public Enemy/Michael Mann-ish, with Costner and Woody.

the likes/dislike ratio on the sonic trailer is pretty funny, even normies think it fucking sucks

One of my #EternallyCentrist friends on FB is defending it right now, and mocking "da haters" lmao. It looks like pure ass.

Last edited:
Just got back from Endgame. Liked it a lot, glad I saw it before I heard any spoilers. Probably won't impress anyone who's already cynical about the MCU though. I never thought I'd be one of the people sticking up for the MCU (I really hated the first two Avengers films) but I guess I just like it more the more fantastical it gets. I love the space opera nonsense of Asgard, I love that Thanos is basically a DBZ villain and I love everything to do with Doctor Strange.

Reactions: CiG
I also enjoyed Endgame. I mean, it was what I expected. Nothing more, nothing less. Pure entertainment for three hours.

Just got back from Endgame. Liked it a lot, glad I saw it before I heard any spoilers. Probably won't impress anyone who's already cynical about the MCU though. I never thought I'd be one of the people sticking up for the MCU (I really hated the first two Avengers films) but I guess I just like it more the more fantastical it gets. I love the space opera nonsense of Asgard, I love that Thanos is basically a DBZ villain and I love everything to do with Doctor Strange.

I was bummed Strange didn't have more of a role in the climax. I mean, he did, but it felt understated to me. I realize they can only fit so much into three hours, but I was hoping for more of him.

Some pretty uncomfortable scenes in that one, haha. I liked it a lot though, some of the most disorienting filming techniques I've ever experienced. I heard many good things about I Stand Alone and Enter the Void, will probably check them out too at some point.
Noe admitted he was on coke for some of that super maniacal camerawork. He said he felt like Superman and could run up and down stairs all night with a camera on his shoulders. Enter the Void is a fucking trip. There's literally nothing else like it. It's a technical milestone, but that's also the thing, along with the first person perspective, that can be grating. It's one of those films that doesn't result in fence-sitting. Seems you either love it or despise it. Noe's whole filmography is basically like that.

I Stand Alone has a reputation for being "shocking" and "disturbing" like Irreversible but it's really not. There's only two violent scenes and the most notorious thing that happens in the film occurs off-screen. It's more about what it suggests than what it shows, and it is a deeply pissed off movie. Interesting that he chose to set Irreversible in the same universe, having The Butcher appear at the beginning, err, end. If you can find it with subs, see Carne (1991), the short prequel to I Stand Alone. It's recapped in the beginning of I Stand Alone so you don't need to see one to get the other, but they do go hand-in-hand.

Last edited: