The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

hansel.jpg

Been getting back into my IDM bigtime recently.
I always compile a list if I explore a genre in any depth. I need some/more stuff from these:

Electric Sea Spider
Tycho
Bola
Brothomstates
Christ.
Freescha
Plaid
The Dandelion Council
Milieu
Kettel
Ochre
Proem
Secede
Wisp
Loafeye
Cylob
Voafose
Rusuden
Wagon Christ
Acidwolf
Lastrapink
Arpanet
Boards of Canads
Der Zyklus
Drexciya
Aux 88
Frog Pocket
Xanopticon
BLÆRG
Sensiva
u-ziq
Abfahrt Hinwil
Seefeel
Kratarknathrak
Arovane
Infinite Scale
Gimmik
Point 7
Multiplex
Vessel
Balil
Blamstrain
ISAN
Dvar
Ruxpin
Arovane
Astrobotnia
Luke Vibert
Clark (Chris Clark)
Ceephax
Solipsism
Gescom
Saskrotch
Jega
Aemic
Cylob
Push Button Objects
Funckarma
Dopplereffekt
Edison
Daedelus
Lithium Enchantment
Mujuice
Lusine
Moderat
B. Fleischmann
Dabrye
Loafeye

Yeah I know some are more breakcore or minimal acid house, but they're IDM enough for my liking.

Any additions? Bear in mind there aren't any Richard D. James projects or Autechre on the for a reason.

ehh. Black Moth Super Rainbow is slightly like Boards of Canada. Wouldn't really fit on your list though. But while they're on my mind let me say how awesome 'Dandelion Gum' is: Incredibly awesome.

Any additions? Bear in mind there aren't any Richard D. James projects or Austere on the for a reason.

I stand in awe of your mighty list. I'll have to check out some of those one of these days. I have nothing to add except possibly Tipper & SiBegg, although I'm not sure they fall into the IDM realm or not, and I'm sure you've probably heard of them anyway. BTW do you mean Autechre?

Anyone heard Soulwax? Holy FUCK this shit rules. I thought I was never going to find an electronic artist similar to the Chemical Brothers who kicks anywhere near as much ass as they do, but it looks like I may finally have.

Nope, Uh Huh Her.
I'm interested in this because Leisha Hailey is fucking awesome.

I watched the 90 minute doc that came with the Exile in Guyville rerelease. Loses points for being edited by Liz Phair, which kills any objectivity. She puts in criticisms of the album from the interviews, but you can never be sure what was left out. On the whole, it was very enjoyable, fun to hear about the bars in town that they hung out in 15 years ago, and the places that Chicagoans would know. The participants were an odd bunch. John Cusack and Dave Matthews were out of place, even though Matthews did have a few interesting things to say, and it was a bit worthwhile having an outsider musician. Billy Corgan was sort of conspicuous in his absence. Steve Albini and Ira Glass are good here. The best part was at the end when they have reactions to the album from about 5 women. It helps to flesh out the real ambivalence of the album's themes, which kind of gets glossed over when Phair is talking, either because she doesn't want to discuss it, or she thinks it would be a bit much to break down her own album for everyone. You do wish that she would flesh out the Rolling Stones comparison, which she says several times has validity.

Also, Liz Phair is pretty hot for being 45.

Slowdive,have been kicking my ass lately,finally got around to picking up their three albums,Just For A Day and Souvlaki are great,can't quite get into Pygmalion yet,its way more experimental than the other two,but in time i'm sure it'll click.Best shoegaze band ever IMO