The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Try the first two albums sometime. They're a little more 'user friendly', though Octopus is still fucking brilliant.

Here's an awesome one from their second album:

Last edited by a moderator:
They have some cool tunes. Very psychedelic space rock. I don't own any albums so I can't say which is their best. Michael Moorcock actually wrote some of their lyrics too, which some might find interesting.

Try the first two albums sometime. They're a little more 'user friendly', though Octopus is still fucking brilliant.

Here's an awesome one from their second album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7MGLKso3d4
Same problem as with Octopus. Their sound is just too erratic and all over the place. More of a musicians' band, I guess. Gonna listen to Octopus again to see if it has changed for the better.

Same problem as with Octopus. Their sound is just too erratic and all over the place. More of a musicians' band, I guess. Gonna listen to Octopus again to see if it has changed for the better.

What? They're not "just a musician's band". That's originality you're hearing there, not wankery. Of course they sound "all over the place", but there's a method to it, and I can assure you it's absolutely beautiful if you are able to "get" them. It takes some patience though.

Somebody post a few vid's of their good songs.

Hawkwind are awesome. They're like Pink Floyd but without all the lethargic depressiness.

Disclaimer: they're a very jam-oriented band, so if you're not into that they'll either require a little patience from you or they may just not be for you.

Here's one of their signature songs, "Master of the Universe". I couldn't find a non-garbage Youtube vid of it, so I'm posting a last.fm link: http://www.last.fm/music/Hawkwind/_/Master+Of+The+Universe+(2007+Digital+Remaster)?autostart

One of their 'psychedelic folk' songs from the pre-Lemmy period:

And here's an example of one of their post-Lemmy songs, which tend to be less "fuzzy" and more on the catchy side:

What? They're not "just a musician's band". That's originality you're hearing there, not wankery. Of course they sound "all over the place", but there's a method to it, and I can assure you it's absolutely beautiful if you are able to "get" them. It takes some patience though.
Well, I listened to Octopus again; it got slightly better.They're definitely unique and have an interesting sound, no doubt about that,but I'm kinda put off by the weird off-key vocals, and the whole musical package is a bit too clinical and self-indulgent.
Gonna give it more time to sink in.
I love their use of the violin. Very cool.

Unrelated to the above - an electronic song I really love (even though the artist overall is kinda meh). It represents very well the kind of mood I'd like to be in for most of my life:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW43LQ-S:rofl:U&feature=related[/ame]

Supertramp - the masters of "progressive pop":

It's just heartbreaking
I should have known that it would let me down
It's just a mind aching
I used to dream about this town

It was a sight to see
The place to be,
Where the living is easy
And the kicks can always be found

It's such a shame about it
I used to think that it would feel so good
But who's to blame about it
So many creeps in Hollywood

I'm in this dumb motel
Near the 'Taco Bell'
Without a hope in hell
I can't believe that I'm still around

Ain't nothin new in my life today
Ain't nothing true it's all gone away

I really enjoyed that. Thank you.

You're welcome, sir. That genre is one of the contributing factor's to Liturgy's "trendsterism".

You might like Different Trains as well:

He recorded clips of these train trips he went on with all these influential people in his life, and he put in clips of them speaking and shit, and then he wrote music accordingly.

Since my absence here I've been diving into mostly non-metal music. I'm pretty open minded so pretty much anything that sounds good to me I'll listen to. However lately I've been listening to mostly gangsta rap, mafioso in particular. My car is currently dominated by Wu Tang, its affiliates and (Nasty) Nas with an occasionally Jay Z play. Other than that I've been poundin Big L and Tech N9ne into my speakers. t