The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

i like lots of stuff mentioned on this page for once. congrats guys! don't really like vdgg though

i've been listening to nothing but surfer rosa recently. i think doolittle is kind of mediocre (too much precious art-school 'cool' & meaningless pop hooks in there) but surfer rosa is a fucking masterwork and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I love the Pixies! I rather enjoy Doolittle, probably more than Surfer Rosa at this point, but mostly because of familiarity.

I GOT A BROKEN FAAAACE UH HUH!

The sampler or whatever they call it here should make some pure electronic music, that beat and sample is really beautiful, it's a shame that they rap over it imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Tom now you know that we don't only get the scheiße from the US as you thought :)

In regards to metal and rap joining like that thing Anthrax did, that's always shit to me, as the few times hiphop is good it's through the beats, not the actual rappers.

Well Tom now you know that we don't only get the scheiße from the US as you thought :)

In regards to metal and rap joining like that thing Anthrax did, that's always shit to me, as the few times hiphop is good it's through the beats, not the actual rappers.

I didn't say rap metal was good.I think it could have been good but it turned out to be shit.What do you think about the rap in the US?

As I said I basically don't know anything about rap. I think a lot of rap suffers from the obnoxious self promotion syndrome, however if a rapper has a real message and some integrity I can respect him if not enjoy him.

I thought Limp Bizkit was awesome when I was in middle school. I remember someone telling me that bizkit was slang for penis, and then being shocked and horrified.

edit: I still don't know what bizkit means, if anything at all.