The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Glad to see Datsik finally kicking off, he's been one of the most consistant and skillful dubstep artists of the past year or so. There's a lot of high quality, filthy dubstep coming out of Canada these days.

Few of my fav Datsik tunes:

Also if you're a fan of Excision, check out his Shambhala mixes if you haven't already (the 2008 one is best imo). I'm not the biggest fan of his producing, but daymn he can build a good mix.

http://www.dubstepforum.com/excision-shambhala-2008-mix-t56808.html
http://www.dubstepforum.com/excision-shambhala-2009-dubstep-mix-t101997.html

If you enjoy those, I know a tonne of other mixes I can link to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mucho!

yeah i got the 2008 shambhala, freaking love that one
more links would be greatly appreciated :0

i'm seeing excision feb. 19 :D

Ah you lucky boy

DhrSiN - Second Serving
DhrSiN - Third Strike
Downlink - Halloween 2009
NumberNin6 - A Second Opinion
Phikticious - December 09
Cookie Monsta - Maryland Chocolate Chip Mix
Torqux N Twist - Skrewface Mix

Those should do you for now and barely a Skream, Rusko, Caspa or any other shitty brostep or pubstep tracks between 'em. Refreshing.

I like aggrotech/dark electro. Psyclon Nine, Aesthetic Perfection, Tactical Sekt, Die Sektor, Alien Vampires, God Module, Grendel, Suicide Commando, Combichrist, Velvet Acid Christ, etc. I occasionally listen to rap, mostly Immortal Technique, Eminem and Wu-Tang Clan. I used to be into hardcore punk and grunge. Lately I've been listening to a bit of Alice in Chains, Dead Can Dance and In Slaughter Natives.

Haha, trust me to come back here the same time WBTV is getting bigged up. Absoloutely love this album, completely engrossing, like being taken to an alien planet for just over an hour.

Now we just need Carcassian to come back and stumble across this thread...

:kickass: i figured you'd chime in on this one

Any Ashbury Heights fans here?

I like aggrotech/dark electro. Psyclon Nine, Aesthetic Perfection, Tactical Sekt, Die Sektor, Alien Vampires, God Module, Grendel, Suicide Commando, Combichrist, Velvet Acid Christ, etc. I occasionally listen to rap, mostly Immortal Technique, Eminem and Wu-Tang Clan. I used to be into hardcore punk and grunge. Lately I've been listening to a bit of Alice in Chains, Dead Can Dance and In Slaughter Natives.

I agree with everything there. Nice taste there, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's here because it's convenient so people don't have to switch between forums.

Anyway, the disc changer in my car has consisted almost entirely of Rome and 16 Horsepower for the past week. I love this dark folk stuff (although both bands have distinctly different sounds, I definitely think that both can be classified as dark folk).

I'm really impressed with 16 Horsepower's discography. Each record has its own sound offers such a unique progression. My favorite would have to be Secret South which features a very eclectic variety of influences; southern rock ("Clogger"), traditional folk ("Wayfaring Stranger"), folk rock ("Praying Arm Lane"), psychedelic rock ("Cinder Alley"), haunting piano ballad ("Burning Bush")... the whole thing is just so interesting and engaging.