The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I think it's here because it's convenient so people don't have to switch between forums.

Anyway, the disc changer in my car has consisted almost entirely of Rome and 16 Horsepower for the past week. I love this dark folk stuff (although both bands have distinctly different sounds, I definitely think that both can be classified as dark folk).

I'm really impressed with 16 Horsepower's discography. Each record has its own sound offers such a unique progression. My favorite would have to be Secret South which features a very eclectic variety of influences; southern rock ("Clogger"), traditional folk ("Wayfaring Stranger"), folk rock ("Praying Arm Lane"), psychedelic rock ("Cinder Alley"), haunting piano ballad ("Burning Bush")... the whole thing is just so interesting and engaging.

I don't listen to much folk, dark or otherwise, but if you're into that you should hear the song "Who by Fire" by Coil, it's bloody brilliant. I can't get to Youtube from work, but you should be able to look it up there if you're willing. If you like it you could also try their song "Ostia (The Death of Pasolini)" - it's a lot weirder but has an exceptional 'ancient' atmosphere. I've been falling in love with this band more and more over time.

ETA_TOUR_LogoFNL2.jpg

I went to see the Ultomate Elvis Tour last night. It kicked ass, and watching the honry old women swooning over the Elvis Impersonators was hilarious.

I think it's here because it's convenient so people don't have to switch between forums.

Anyway, the disc changer in my car has consisted almost entirely of Rome and 16 Horsepower for the past week. I love this dark folk stuff (although both bands have distinctly different sounds, I definitely think that both can be classified as dark folk).

I'm really impressed with 16 Horsepower's discography. Each record has its own sound offers such a unique progression. My favorite would have to be Secret South which features a very eclectic variety of influences; southern rock ("Clogger"), traditional folk ("Wayfaring Stranger"), folk rock ("Praying Arm Lane"), psychedelic rock ("Cinder Alley"), haunting piano ballad ("Burning Bush")... the whole thing is just so interesting and engaging.

Well I think thread like this kills the non-metal forum.

Listened to 16 Horsepower and really liking them as well. I don't think I have made any secret of checking almost every rec by Einherjar, Vihris, V5(outside of gore/slam etc.), and Belligerent. Usually doesn't disappoint, at least for my tastes.

^ Tears For Fears are great, i only have their Greatest Hits but i like almost every song on there.

Was watching Green Street Hooligans last night and heard this song. I dig it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of 80s music.When I went to the dentist office today,they had the XM 80s channel on.I enjoy 80s pop.I like The Cure, Depeche Mode,and of Tears For Fears.I like a 80s Genesis song that I heard in the dentist office today.I wasn't born in the 80s either.I was born in January,13,1994.

Listened to 16 Horsepower and really liking them as well. I don't think I have made any secret of checking almost every rec by Einherjar, Vihris, V5(outside of gore/slam etc.), and Belligerent. Usually doesn't disappoint, at least for my tastes.

I still feel a little bad that I haven't listened to the metal mix you sent me like a year ago. But then, I've still got about 8 CDs in my room that I bought or received as gifts and haven't touched either. I have really dodgy listening habits.

I have to be in the correct mood to listen to a specific band. I could buy an album of a band that I love, but it might take me several weeks before I actually listen to it.