The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Yeah, I beat myself up approximately 4 times a week for being born at the wrong time. I wish I could have been in my teens/twenties during the '80s. I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to see Bauhaus live before the age of opening for Nine Inch Nails :(

Artists I've been listening to recently
-David Bowie ("Low" in particular, I love that album)
-Kylie Minogue (I prefer her older material)
-The Knife
-Spandau Ballet
-Siouxsie and the Banshees
-capsule (really good Japanese electro/pop)

I've been a fan of The Knife for quite some time. Gonna get their new album as soon as possible. They are a bit annoying with their "look how weird we are"-manners, but make up for it with good music.

Been meaning to get some David Bowie(it's only natural due to my infatuation with Queen), Bauhaus and Siouxsie and The Banshess.
Also, Coil, Autechre and some more Beach Boys albums would do swell.
Ah, so much stuff.

I've been a fan of The Knife for quite some time. Gonna get their new album as soon as possible. They are a bit annoying with their "look how weird we are"-manners, but make up for it with good music.

Are they explosively popular in Sweden? In the U.S. they are wildly popular but only in hipster/alt/indie circles. At my university our senior formal dance's official song of the night was "Heartbeats" from "Deep Cuts."

I'd say it's the same in Sweden, they're quite the typical hipster band here, which makes me not want to tell anyone that I like them. I like Jose Gonzalez cover of Heartbeats too which is even more hipstery. Damn I'm really showing my neurotic side these days. But I really like the melancholic undertones that they often have in their music.

The only song I like from The Knife is We Share Our Mother's Health, and I think that the Trentemoller remix is even better

In fact anything that Trentemoller touches is automatically better

I'd say it's the same in Sweden, they're quite the typical hipster band here, which makes me not want to tell anyone that I like them. I like Jose Gonzalez cover of Heartbeats too which is even more hipstery. Damn I'm really showing my neurotic side these days. But I really like the melancholic undertones that they often have in their music.

Oh god, your hipster is showing :lol:

I like their danceable stuff > the darker slower stuff, "Deep Cuts" is my fav. album of theirs. But I unabashedly love hipster things. My favorite Knife songs are "Heartbeats" and "You Take My Breath Away."

Actually I am considering visiting Sweden in the summer to do a whirlwind tour of 50% hipster shit and 50% metal shit, is it worth my time?

I've rediscovered my love for Eric Johnson's mesmerizing work. It's loaded with feel and he is technically adept without any noticeable flaws.

Speaking of Petrov, I had a hilarious dream last night for some reason where there was a chart showing the IQs of members of Entombed (WHY!?) and good old Lars-Goran Petrov scored "genius."

I've rediscovered my love for Eric Johnson's mesmerizing work. It's loaded with feel and he is technically adept without any noticeable flaws.
Amazing guitarist. Ah Via Musicom is up there with one of the best virtuoso albums i've heard but sets him apart from other artists. He gives a whole new meaning to the Blues and i'm actually going to see him and whole bunch of other artists next month...www.experiencehendrixtour.com

Amazing guitarist. Ah Via Musicom is up there with one of the best virtuoso albums i've heard but sets him apart from other artists. He gives a whole new meaning to the Blues and i'm actually going to see him and whole bunch of other artists next month...www.experiencehendrixtour.com

That link isn't opening, what's the roster like? Something along the lines of Crossroads? I like how he mixes something that sounds seemingly simplistic and some ridiculous runs with such a beautiful tone and amazing clarity. I wonder how he keeps such a straight face when he performs. Not one of his best works but I love his solo on the G3 jam [My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mamma].