The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Okay cool :)

What is everyones opinion on Animal Collective?

I listened to Post Merriweather Pavilion or whatever it was called and disliked pretty much all of it.

They have two songs that I LOVE - "Grass" and "The Purple Bottle" - some of their others are okay - but I fail to see how anyone could claim them as the most innovative amazing band in the world. Then again, I knew people in high school who said Staind was their favorite band, so who knows.

Any Joyless fans?!?!

Ah okay, maybe I'll give those a listen, but I don't think it'll change my mind much after the 09 album XD

And isn't Joyless metal? Or is there a different one?

I listened to the new album twice about a year ago, and all I remember is feeling like it tried way to hard to be cool and appealing. I don't remember anything about how it was structured though, and I know some people with good taste here like it, so help a brother out (I'm looking at Nixon here).

i can't describe how i feel about it but i know that i'm addicted to it and unsettled by it. there's a lot of paradoxes, like it's ridiculously warm and fuzzy but also mechanical and wormlike, it's peaceful and hypnotic yet noisy and scrambled and haunting, etcetc. i kind of love it and kind of hate it and i keep coming back to it. but yeah it took more than a couple of listens to have any appeal whatsoever.

haven't heard any of the older stuff. not particularly experienced with this kind of thing in general, but i plan on going through all that pitchfork shit and seeing how much of it is worth a damn.

And One rules.

Wu-Tang Clan - [Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture, Vol. 2: Enter the Dubstep CD1 #02] New Year Banga (Rogue Star Remix) [feat. Bronze Nazareth, Kevlaar & Phillie] [260 kbps]

This is such a fucking interesting mix of sounds. Dubstep + rap.

Wu Tang clan has some good stuff but Dubstep + Rap??? Seriously wtf...

Everyone on the RYM boards seems to be going on and on about Animal Collective and Lady Gaga; are they any good even? Nevermind. I'll probably just check it out myself.

Everyone on the RYM boards seems to be going on and on about Animal Collective and Lady Gaga; are they any good even? Nevermind. I'll probably just check it out myself.

I respect Lady gaga mainly because she actually piulls through with all of her stuff, the whole gettup ect. Not my kind of music though.

and Animal Collective...I only like one songs "My Girls" or something like that. The genre Freak Folk is appealing by name but so far it leaves me alot to be desired

i can't describe how i feel about it but i know that i'm addicted to it and unsettled by it. there's a lot of paradoxes, like it's ridiculously warm and fuzzy but also mechanical and wormlike, it's peaceful and hypnotic yet noisy and scrambled and haunting, etcetc. i kind of love it and kind of hate it and i keep coming back to it. but yeah it took more than a couple of listens to have any appeal whatsoever

To me it still sounds like you are having trouble finding its actual appeal other than that the way they write songs is "NEW AND ORIGINAL!" As far as I can tell, they're just garbage tbh.

I'm a huge fan of Maximum the Hormone. They're fucking amazing, easily one of my favorite non-extreme metal bands.

Also, Lady GaGa rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is with this fucking Lady Gaga praise on these forums?! Maybe I'm going insane and this is all a figment of my imagination...fuck I hope so at least