The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

For some oddly reason lately, I been listening and digging me some Country. Like, I been listening to Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, and Montgomery Gentry. I was never a big fan of the Country, but I been really digging this lately. I still get my fair share of Metal in, but I been getting them in too. I'm a really weird mood and stage. Anyone digging them aswell?

I worked at an Allman Bros. concert and they did a bunch of improvising for about forty-five minutes straight. I got really bored until they decided throw in a cover of Dazed and Confused without the guitar solo.

Warren Haynes is incredible. One of my favorite players.

Allman Bros. are alright, but they definitely sucked the last time I saw them live.
Were they the headliner? I saw them a few years back w/ Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes both shredding on the same stage, great show. You must have caught them on an off night :(

Johnny fucking Cash.
Never understood the hype around this guy. Even the movie bored me to tears.

Mount Eerie, Julie Doiron, and The Antlers have all been dominating my playlists lately. Really fucking incredible artists.

Americana folk for Mount Eerie though the guy behind it apparently decided to make a 'black metal' album because he for some reason discovered and loved Xasthur.

Julie is similar but more rock based at times

and The Antlers are a really great slowcore-ish band

Were they the headliner? I saw them a few years back w/ Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes both shredding on the same stage, great show. You must have caught them on an off night :(

They were, but it sucked pretty much for the reason DC said. They improvised so fucking much that it eventually just became soulless wankery. There was literally nothing redeeming about it. I was stoned and still bored.

I've seen them several times though, also with Trucks and Haynes, which I really enjoyed.

Pretty much everyone shares your opinion tbh.

Damn! I thought I was special.

Been listening to a lot of Jami Sieber since discovering the game "Braid". And for those who haven't checked out the game, you should get on that.

Album art for the new Wu was released, it's pretty nice. I'll prob be picking it up when it's out.

20100216-WUMASSACRE.jpg

Fuck me, this band is awesome. I've liked them a bit for ages, but only really started getting into them a few weeks ago. Seriously, I haven't heard a song I don't like by them.

Also, does anyone else like Wolfmother's latest?

Last edited by a moderator:
Catchy for sure. Not something I listen to solely for the music of course, but I'll admit to not muting it when I watch it. Also, #22 when they go to the blue uniforms = o_O

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjgwE8GH-_U&feature=related[/ame]