The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

This is a virtual hub which only exists on our screen. If I push a button, and whoop, all your silly opinions and mine melt away into nothingness. Until the next time.

I like Lady GaGa for what she is - 95% image, 5% music, but the 5% is really catchy. If you don't like simple pop music about "the cluuub," obviously she's not for you. She does have an excellent singing voice and looks good from the neck down.

After I get away from metal...

I listen to alt rock... sonic youth, dinosaur jr... that kinda stuff.. grunge.. alice in chains, stone temple pilots...

Sabbathy stoner rock, queens of the stone age, witch, blind dog, nebula, etc.

A little punk here and there, dead kennedys, nerve agents, bad religion, poison idea...

and post rock like god is an astronaut and red sparowes.

I can also tolerate country music and stuff like lady gaga because i'm constantly exposed to it by the family.

This spring when the snow has melted I will sit on my new balcony with a cup of coffee and listen to this, such an incredibly relaxing piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been really loving this song here from Mount Eerie

Also decided to check out more of his work as well as more from Julie Doiron and man it is all so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend me dark and danceable electronica a la Tactical Sekt?

Everything I've looked at so far seemed to lean to far in either direction, being either too danceable or to much like dark ambient.
I havn't checked out Aslan Faction yet though, I'd assume that it would be similar.

Tri-Function Million has been kicking my ass all week and I'm waiting for "Sprukkets Jord" to arrive in the mail. The other stuff done by Deadwolf and Kyber is also really good.
Does anyone know of any hip hop bands that are similar?

Allman Bros were really great. Love the live version of 'In Memory of Elizabeth Reed' on Filmore. :kickass:

@ VeeVee, never would have thought you'd dig the Allmans :cool: Warren Haynes slide playing is mesmerizing.

@ Thoth, thats the vid i posted along with Hot Lanta. Don't know why the link posted but not the actual vid.