The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

i like the fleet foxes s/t, especially 'heard them stirring' through to 'meadowlarks' (my fave 'your protector' lodged in between), that section's really lush. they do get a bit precious and effete for me in places though, that same kind of obnoxiously earnest yearning that puts me off terrence malick half the time, just to make a weird comparison while im thinking about it.

I know a lot of people might think this is the worst, but I am taking a liking to The Prize Fighter Inferno. Anyone else like them? Or even heard of them?

Something about Trower's guitar playing on this song that hits home.
Multiple times i've smoked some good herb and jammed this, found myself listening to it a few times in a row. I could have easily grown up in the 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a few years ago, I would of probably agreed with you Tom, but somehow, I have turned to a few artists in that genre. I hate to admit it, but I do.

Country music is the most American thing I can think of, and when I venture out of my "I'm a pretentious faux-cosmopolitan city person" hole it's really nice to go to the Cracker Barrel or something and just absorb the Americana.

A friend of mine in my town here owns a restaurant which is the most "American" place I've ever been to - everything from the vintage movie posters to the metal Coca-Cola ads and the neon "Beer" sign was imported from the States, and it's a constant aural barrage of classic country and rock & roll there.

Which brings me to the point that I really love 50s doo-wop, particularly Sha-Na-Na.