The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Tenhi.

Especially since it's the rainy season and I am feeling miserable and introspective and can't stop thinking about the inevitability of my parents dying.

I like "Voyage 34: The Complete Trip."

I'm having a bit of a quarter life crisis and returning to all the corny punk-ska-psychobilly crap I liked back in the day. Like TIGER ARMY. I wish they would make whole albums of just their "country" songs, because that stuff is exactly 100% up my alley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend me some Motown/funk/r&b/jazz music? I was watching Trouble Man and the beginning song was catchy.

Ill just answer the jazz parts;

AS for jazz, you can just start with the classics as a primer. Maybe start with something like Kind of Blue and then later jump into Bitches brew ( both by Miles Davis). A few of my favorites are Coltrane, Corea, Wayne Shorter and Joe Hendeson.

jazz fans are by and large the most obnoxious music fans in the world of music fandom. that said i like pat metheny, and benny goodman but he's not really jazz is he?

Jamiroquai is "acid jazz"

Eisenfunk, not heard them but they look like Laibach ripoffs and sound like Combichrist? Kind of cool in the "fuck you I have synthetic dreads" way