The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Atlantis does not nor has it ever existed.

HBM, what is your essay about?

Thats actually debateable because some archeologists believe the term "atlantis" refers to a large archaic village that was in what is now the mediteranian ocean before the glacier "dam" broke and released the water from the atlantic ocean after the ice age:

mapqh9.jpg

Point of entry marked in red.

It also works out chronologically because atlantis was not (But is often confused at) a greek like culture, because knowledge of atlantis was passed to greece by the egyptians, who claim to have gotten knowledge of atlantis from yet an older peoples. This would make atlantis very old indeed, although it was likely a large village with huts, etc. from just after the ice age, and was passed down in the form of oral stories as a great disaster upon civilization.

I don't want to go into Atlantis being a mythical metaphor something real. I just know that a highly advanced city did not exist and then sink into the sea.

But you said "Atlantis" wasn't real.

And highly advanced is an objective term. Compare thier place in the timeline to the rest of the world. If I have the wheel and you do not, would that not make me more advanced by comparison?

i just got back from doha. they had a huuuuge event in town to celebrate getting the 2016 olympics. it was impressive. a nice "last trip".

np borknagar
~gR~

Atlantis does not nor has it ever existed.

It's possible it existed before the cataclysm around 1400 BC that sent Greece into a dark age. They have evidence of a spurt in geologic activity which may have destroyed Atlantis, which was just another Mediterranean city and not this big continent with spaceports and computers.

Endurance suicide bombing will be one of the new categories.

Kidding. Quatar is actually a really good country.

yeah. except for the terrible summer, its a fantastic country. i wish there was more to see, tourist wise. but just wandering the souqs and eating at random resturaunts is a great experience. plus its nice to talk soccer (i always wear my liverpool jersey into town) with the locals.

and with the way doha has been expanding, i cant imagine what it will look like for the olympics. i'll have to come back to see the progress.
~gR~