The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

About to watch this week's Honors reading, the silent film called Man With A Movie Camera. It has no soundtrack so my roommate and I are going to set it to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and then again with klezmer music.

About to watch this week's Honors reading, the silent film called Man With A Movie Camera. It has no soundtrack so my roommate and I are going to set it to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and then again with klezmer music.

Biosphere made an album which is supposed to be like a soundtrack for that movie, commissioned by the Tromsø International Film Festival in 1996.

Can you listen to your iPod while doing it? I have had similar jobs and it was tolerable as long as I had something to listen to.

Fortunately yes, and it does help a lot. Still pretty god-awful though. A lot of it has to do with the program I have to use to enter the data, which has almost no controls and literally makes it take at least five times as long to do as it otherwise would if the people who designed it had half a brain.

Do you have to press tab to get to the next box to enter things in? Is there literally no GUI to speak of? Does selecting things requires you to type an "x" on top of an underscore in front of them? If no to these things it's not as bad as the system we use at Walgreens to keep track of stock.

Do you have to press tab to get to the next box to enter things in? Is there literally no GUI to speak of? Does selecting things requires you to type an "x" on top of an underscore in front of them? If no to these things it's not as bad as the system we use at Walgreens to keep track of stock.

Yeah, you may have me there.

It's just that, considering that what I'm using is a GUI, this thing is abominably primitive (for the part of the program I was using, anyway). You can only select one entry at a time, you can't copy and paste, you can't import or export. And in the case of what I was entering - a gigantic tree structure of categories - it actually collapses the entire tree every time you make an entry. So goddamn stupid.

Some dude from my school just used my computer and said weird crap to everyone I was talking to on MSN.

He didn't jack it. I got up for a second to throw something away and I didn't think he would come into the room.