The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Just got my bass set up by a good friend and mutual rival in the music scene. Talked tech with the employees at Guitar Center while I played a setup similar to my future setup. My friend straightened up my neck, cleaned and oiled my bass, put new strings on, cleaned up my electronics cavity, lowered my action... It sounds perfect now. Warm and growly. Just the way it should.

Interestingly enough, he brought up that he thinks my fingerstyle technique is better than his own. He plays slap much better than I do and more technical shit, so hearing appreciation for my own technique from such an accomplished musician was really something.

I wish when I had someone on ignore, the forum completely removed their posts from view for me, as if nothing had ever been posted. Seeing "This message is hidden because blahblah is on your ignore list" is annoying.

Don't answer either way.
Let him be confused.

I'm sitting in bed, about to do a cover letter for a CV simply for an assignment for uni. Then possibly gonna make a bacon and sausage sarnie. Then probably a shower.

I uninstalled McAfee and installed ZoneAlarm and AVG

Re: Kaspersky

I knew a guy in college who did freelance IT work and recommended that to everyone. Apparently her installed it on some chick's computer and it picked up shit McAfee and Norton leave behind. Norton is a piece of shit program anyway though, so it's not a surprise.

Listening to Ozric Tentacles and finishing up part of my story for creative writing.

edit: I've also started creating a language I might use for music or something. I'm trying to make it somewhat complex. There are 12 words for the. For the three genders (masculine, feminine and neuter), for singular and plural, and for animate and inanimate nouns. I might add another six for dual but I'm not sure.

Just got my bass set up by a good friend and mutual rival in the music scene. Talked tech with the employees at Guitar Center while I played a setup similar to my future setup. My friend straightened up my neck, cleaned and oiled my bass, put new strings on, cleaned up my electronics cavity, lowered my action... It sounds perfect now. Warm and growly. Just the way it should.

Interestingly enough, he brought up that he thinks my fingerstyle technique is better than his own. He plays slap much better than I do and more technical shit, so hearing appreciation for my own technique from such an accomplished musician was really something.

Slap is really hard for me. I can do it well on the open strings but when I need to go up the fret board I just can't do it. Also, what kind of bass do you have? I have a Modulus which kicks ass.