The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

gl hf oci

bout to go to work for inventory.

Jeremy can you play something off Heartwork please on your show after 9?

Thanks in advance.

Just got back from practice. Got to plug my refurbished bass into my stage rig, and that was incredible. It sounded beyond perfect, and did everything I wanted it to. Awesome. My High Z setting sounds like a tube amp, crunchy with a little bit of gain. I love it.

I know, right? I'm more or less playing for myself. All people really want to hear are the lead guitarist and the vocalist. But when it's just lead guitar and vocals playing they lose interest. Oh well.

We do shit in Kastigation to bring attention to other parts of the band, like dramatically changing the rhythm and keeping the lead riff the same.

I am a big fan of teh bass. :headbang: Don't rule out bringing it closer to the front if you can help it.

Got back from the studio with some masters, anyone who wants to hear and isn't only about br00tal death metal can click on that link in my signature to hear the songs, and maybe be our friendssss. Keep in mind the MySpace quality, but yeah.

Hey OCI. FYI you put your ID number in. Basically go to the profile and in the super long url take your ID number and put it where it says Myspace ID or whatever when you go in the CP. You're welcome.

I know, right? I'm more or less playing for myself. All people really want to hear are the lead guitarist and the vocalist. But when it's just lead guitar and vocals playing they lose interest. Oh well.

We do shit in Kastigation to bring attention to other parts of the band, like dramatically changing the rhythm and keeping the lead riff the same.

It's really sad how bassists get no love. That's why I am teaching myself guitar. ;)

I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night so I called out of work for the first time ever. I probably will not go back to sleep, but my body feels so heavy that I cannot do anything else but lay on the couch and watch horrible tv shows.

I've just eaten my 2nd real meal, and first thing that was more than like 5 chips, since thursday. Haven't really gotten any sleep the past 3 nights. I'm surprised how decent I feel. Gonna go get beer and charcoal for bbq later in a moment.

It's really sad how bassists get no love.
Most of them don't do shit. They get what they deserve. Bassists who actually do shit get love, unless the rest of the band turns them down so they can't be heard. Honestly, whenever I see a review it seems like if the reviewer can hear bass they feel obligated to throw in a couple lines fellating the bassist. Imo inaudible-bass-following-the-guitar-line works best in most cases.

The solution is to just learn to sing while you play bass. Bassist/vocalists get mad love (Lemmy, Tom Angelripper, guy from Venom, Damnagoras on Heathenreel, Glenn Benton, etc). Man up.