The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Well there are other albums that aren't as good but are worth getting after acquiring the essentials. Shall I take the 'etc' out?

Some disgrunted type's negative blurb on one of Magma's albums that I've found on RYM:
Imagine a circus getting raped in the ass by Liza Minelli who is also accompanied by opera singers with rhubarb swords smacking my ears to shit. Magma are the kids on the corner who like to think they know what avant-garde means.

How descriptive of them.

Magma is definitely a quirky band. Aside from the whole constructed language thing, there are a lot of bizarre operatic vocals, along with various other occasional hysterics (either vocally or instrumentally), but it's not enough to really be a distraction from the general flow of the music (which really is pretty hypnotic).

Have you ever heard "The Rite of Spring" by Igor Stravinsky? I've always thought Magma was basically a cross between that style of music and jazz-rock. The insanity level isn't anywhere near that of "Rite of Spring", but it sort of has that vibe.

Again, I don't mean to emphasise the quirks Magma has (the reason I listen to them so much is because their sound is so hypnotic and trance-like). I'm just pointing them out so you'll know ahead of time. :)

I'm officially intrigued by Magma. Definitely gonna seek out this Mekhanik Kommando album. The reviews got me interested.

And yes, Mathias, I'm familiar with Yes.

Speaking of Canada...I wish I was there right now. I'm sick of New Jersey.
Come to Toronto. It rules and they just lowered the sales tax :kickass:

Dont start that shit, Mort.
We did broheim. Lend-lease ftw.

WWI was a war I always thought didn't get enough said about it, which was probably because America was only in it long enough to get a few hundred thousand men slaughtered. The whole thing though was just a colossal, pointless meat grinder. Even thinking about the Battle of the Somme makes me feel terrible. It wasn't heroic, it wasn't a battle against evil, it was just a war where millions died leaving behind shattered economies.

Canadian Crew: When is Rememberance Day?

I'm officially intrigued by Magma. Definitely gonna seek out this Mekhanik Kommando album. The reviews got me interested.

:headbang:

My personal favorite is Kobaia, but pretty much all their albums are ace (even the weird poppy shit they tried in the '80s).

I'm kind of diappointed :( I cooked a rather lovely (and delicious, if i do say so myself) meal for my friend and he just called and said he couldn't come. I had nice salad, homemade pasta (the best ever), chicken breast and some vegetables. I was going to take him out for dessert afterwards because he's been feeling down lately and I wanted to be nice and cheer him up a bit. Now I have all this extra food, oh well, I guess I'll be having leftovers for a while.

I'm kind of diappointed :( I cooked a rather lovely (and delicious, if i do say so myself) meal for my friend and he just called and said he couldn't come. I had nice salad, homemade pasta (the best ever), chicken breast and some vegetables. I was going to take him out for dessert afterwards because he's been feeling down lately and I wanted to be nice and cheer him up a bit. Now I have all this extra food, oh well, I guess I'll be having leftovers for a while.

I'm taking the next train to New Jersey

oh and right now,I'm fixing my playlist

Listening to Mercyful Fate. One of the best fucking bands EVAR! Seriously though, if you don't worship Melissa and Don't Break The Oath, you should fucking die. Seriously.