The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm assuming you're in the void between 1865 and 1914 that books fill with the endless litany of the minorities who were oppressed. Just stick it out until WWI things pick up then.

Yes, thats about it. Actually we are starting on WWI tomorrow, but I doubt it will be interesting considering we already went over it last year. It's been beaten to death.

Yea, I thought they closed the all the Tower Records too. They closed all the ones by me.

Right now, I just got home from school. I think I have to go see the eye doctor. Today I wasnt able to see out of one eye. I'm nearly blind already but it was worse, even with contacts in I couldn't see. This keeps switching from eye to eye and everyone thinks i'm stoned because my eyes are so red. :( Tis frustrating

WW1 is a pretty big thing in Canada because it's the first time we independantly kicked germany hard in the balls.

Vimy%20Ridge.jpg

Speaking of Canada...I wish I was there right now. I'm sick of New Jersey.

Yes, thats about it. Actually we are starting on WWI tomorrow, but I doubt it will be interesting considering we already went over it last year. It's been beaten to death.

Meh. It's alright doing the Britain version.

Did the yanks help us out in WWI?

Meh. I just remember the Somme, and writing massive project about how much a dunce that bloke was. He name escapes me. WHAT? It's been like 3 years.

So I'm listennig to Jethro Tull-Aqualung, whiich I purchased at a discount today Never heard this before, or much Jethro Tull in general. Pretty disappointing so far, not exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Well, I guess you have to be a little folk-minded to really enjoy Tull, but I think that's one of the most moving rock albums I've ever heard. Be sure to check out some of the lyrics, because they're really well-written.

Attempting to draw a still life, but not being very confident in my ability. It doesn't help that it is one of five I need to do for my mid-term, due Wednesday. :(

Well, I guess you have to be a little folk-minded to really enjoy Tull, but I think that's one of the most moving rock albums I've ever heard. Be sure to check out some of the lyrics, because they're really well-written.

I don't mind folk at all, though I prefer a darker sound. So far the title track and "My God" stick out, but without the middle section in the latter song the, flute sounds out of place.

I decided to check them out as they were described by some having similarities to Camel. That and they didn't have any of the other stuff you've recommended in the store In general, I prefer soundscapes to merely songs, that's why Camel appeals to me more. Everything just seems to blend in naturally in their music.

I don't mind folk at all, though I prefer a darker sound. So far the title track and "My God" stick out, but without the middle section in the latter song the, flute sounds out of place.

I decided to check them out as they were described by some having similarities to Camel. That and they didn't have any of the other stuff you've recommended in the store In general, I prefer soundscapes to merely songs, that's why Camel appeals to me more. Everything just seems to blend in naturally in their music.

Well, in that case, Tull might not be for you - though if you do decide to get any more of their albums, Songs From the Wood is more homogeneous, and also has excellent songwriting.

Of the bands I recommended to you earlier, Soft Machine and Magma are definitely very 'soundscape-ish'. Since one band rarely has lyrics, and the other has lyrics in some random-ass constructed language, the focus of their music is much more upon the instrumentation.

Steely Dan is a song-oriented band, but not nearly as diverse as Jethro Tull. I'm not sure how you'll like them... but if you don't, then you just have shitty taste, so I can't help you. :p

Well, in that case, Tull might not be for you - though if you do decide to get any more of their albums, Songs From the Wood is more homogeneous, and also has excellent songwriting.

Of the bands I recommended to you earlier, Soft Machine and Magma are definitely very 'soundscape-ish'. Since one band rarely has lyrics, and the other has lyrics in some random-ass constructed language, the focus of their music is much more upon the instrumentation.
"random-ass constructed language" doesn't sound like an inviting term, but alright, I'll check them out.
Some disgrunted type's negative blurb on one of Magma's albums that I've found on RYM:
Imagine a circus getting raped in the ass by Liza Minelli who is also accompanied by opera singers with rhubarb swords smacking my ears to shit. Magma are the kids on the corner who like to think they know what avant-garde means.
:lol:
The world is a weird and fascinating place. (Or was it sad, I forget).

Didn't Tower Records go out of business like a year ago?

Yeah, that's what I thought happened too. I guess only the west coast stores stayed open.

Yea, I guess. We have a Tower Records in every mall.

Lucky.

The Tower Records store here is a haven for 70s prog rock entthusiasts, everything is dirt cheap.
So I'm listennig to Jethro Tull-Aqualung, whiich I purchased at a discount today Never heard this before, or much Jethro Tull in general. Pretty disappointing so far, not exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Get A Passion Play, Thick as a Brick, War Child, etc. Great stuff. Also, if you haven't heard Yes, get Close to the Edge first.

Get Relayer, Fragile, Tales of Topographic Oceans, The Yes Album, 90125, Big Generator, Magnification, etc. Every album has great songs.

Actually get the Ultimate Yes Collection.