The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I assume you mean Triste. I admit, this picture cheered me up considerably:
64176_photo.jpg

But I'm not sure music about suicide will help. This isn't just a "crummy day" thing, it's been going on for about a week. There's a girl involved. I'm thinking the Red Hot Chili Peppers might be a better remedy. By The Way, specifically. Gonna spin it in a bit, see how I feel.

Like I said, I'm not actually depressed in any clinical sense and I don't have much trouble getting up, going to work, etc, although I have trouble sleeping. It's just the blues. And yeah, it sucks. And the Red Hot Chili Peppers rule. This is definitely helping.

On that topic, is Stadium Arcadium good for someone who likes the mellower aspects of By The Way?

Fucking emos all over these forums as of recent..man up PLEASE!

Sure, I have no clue what exactly is causing this depression, but I have had a long history with depression myself back in the days, but hey guess what..they were times of complete waste..whenever I feel down (which is a natural feeling) I battle it..you have to be a man one of these days..a man does not feel sorrow, he merely brushes it off! Take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror and think to yourself: "Am I going to whine about my state on a message forum and listen to some mellow music, or am I going to fucking not give a goddamn shit about wtv the fuck it is that is bothering me and move on with a smile on my face?"

In fact there is a dude on this very board I remember that has cancer, and I sure as hell don't see him bitching, I admire him a great deal and I think his strength is unmatched..I usually don't fuck around when it comes to depression revolving death (whether that be close family or person in question about to die) for it is something that shouldn't be completely ignored and brushed off, but at the same time it should not be dwelled upon either, just let time heal those wounds

The Barenaked Ladies are awful. My roommate likes them. I thought I would never have to hear them again after middle school, but I was wrong. *vomit*

Oh no man. Old school Chili Peppers are AMAZING!!!!

The Uplift Mofo Party Plan is one of my favorite summer albums. So funky and deliciously groovy OH YA!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2wzhyxcY0&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ansfrOYCJ0E&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no man. Old school Chili Peppers are AMAZING!!!!
Their way old stuff (pre-BSSM) is hit or miss, but some of it (like those songs you posted) is awesome. I tend to prefer their more sensitive stuff, though. The stuff I don't like is the funk stuff they wrote while trying to be sensitive (like Can't Stop).