The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Disappointed about the world series.

Why? The Phillies played pretty bad... and they had no hope against Rivera. It seemed pretty straightforward from the beginning.

On the bright side, Ryan Howard's wiffage generated enough wind energy to lower energy costs in the eastern united states.

Why? The Phillies played pretty bad... and they had no hope against Rivera. It seemed pretty straightforward from the beginning.

Why am I disappointed that the team I wanted to win lost? Is that a serious question?

On the bright side, Ryan Howard's wiffage generated enough wind energy to lower energy costs in the eastern united states.

Ha@wiffage.

I'm very pleased with the result this year. I'm a Cub fan first, but if they didn't exist I'd be a hardcore Yankees fan. I loved 'em more back in '96 and '97 and such when it was Jeter and Torre taking over shit. My grandpa loves them because he was around for the Mantle/Maris/Berra, etc.

That's why I fucking hate this town. Everybody hates the Yankees and is obsessed with the Yankee-Red Sox thing. I don't know shit about baseball (and don't give a fuck), but it seems pretty obvious to me that for most of their respective histories the Yankees have been a significantly better team, which probably explains why they won the world series a bunch of times and the Red Sox didn't.

That's why I fucking hate this town. Everybody hates the Yankees and is obsessed with the Yankee-Red Sox thing. I don't know shit about baseball (and don't give a fuck), but it seems pretty obvious to me that for most of their respective histories the Yankees have been a significantly better team, which probably explains why they won the world series a bunch of times and the Red Sox didn't.
You don't understand sports and have no idea what you're talking about.

I've got less than one week left in France before moving back to Australia. It's a weird feeling. On one hand, I can't wait to get back to my home, my family, my friends, the weather and the beaches. On the other hand, it means another separation from my girlfriend for an indefinite period of time. Plus it will be strange to find myself going to the office every day after over a year of freedom. I'm pretty sure I will quickly become depressed with the routine and being without my woman.

Why is it every few months someone new discover the "censored word"? haha
It seems that the word would not be used often around these parts but every few months

"Hey why is ******** censored?

Not attacking anyone here, just being amused.

I've got less than one week left in France before moving back to Australia. It's a weird feeling. On one hand, I can't wait to get back to my home, my family, my friends, the weather and the beaches. On the other hand, it means another separation from my girlfriend for an indefinite period of time. Plus it will be strange to find myself going to the office every day after over a year of freedom. I'm pretty sure I will quickly become depressed with the routine and being without my woman.

Yeah, that's quite the long-distance relationship. How on earth did that come about? :lol:

Does one of you plan to move permanently to the other's country anytime soon?

Yeah, that's quite the long-distance relationship. How on earth did that come about? :lol:

Does one of you plan to move permanently to the other's country anytime soon?

:) Someone will have to crack eventually. We're both career motivated people and both lawyers, making it impossible for either of us to work in the other country. Plus, she is very close to her family and doesn't really want to leave them permanently, while I just don't like France very much :lol:. Life is so much better in Australia.

We met in Australia while she was travelling, then she left while I had to stay because of my work, then I joined her 9 months later, and now I have to leave but she can't leave with me because of her work. So we'll be apart another 6 months at least.