The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

:) Someone will have to crack eventually. We're both career motivated people and both lawyers, making it impossible for either of us to work in the other country. Plus, she is very close to her family and doesn't really want to leave them permanently, while I just don't like France very much :lol:. Life is so much better in Australia.

We met in Australia while she was travelling, then she left while I had to stay because of my work, then I joined her 9 months later, and now I have to leave but she can't leave with me because of her work. So we'll be apart another 6 months at least.

Yeah, doesn't sound like it's going to last unfortunately. At least you both have (presumably) pretty good jobs that give you the financial leeway to be able to spend months at a time together.

Bored at work. D&D tonight and im Dming. Gotta come up with something cool.
My cousin Gunk rolled up a shit character and wouldnt re roll. I think he has like 2 9's and no standout stats. And to top it off he's a rogue, so he cant do much anyway.
Brother is playing a monk. Not great at low levels, but hopefully i'll get them to third tonight.

but it seems pretty obvious to me that for most of their respective histories the Yankees have been a significantly better team, which probably explains why they won the world series a bunch of times and the Red Sox didn't.

Maybe. Or maybe it's because they're paid more than any other sports team and can afford to pay prospective players more than others can; so where do all the great players go?

That said, I don't really care. I'm not a baseball fan, and that's just the free market at work. I now expect a long debate over the evils of capitalism where (once again) we reach no conclusion and all just end up realizing how stupid everyone else on this forum is. Idiots.

waif, i don't know baseball either man, but...facepalm
I actually despise Boston, and feel no compulsion to care about it's sports teams.
Maybe. Or maybe it's because they're paid more than any other sports team and can afford to pay prospective players more than others can; so where do all the great players go?

This has always struck me as some of the most asinine logic I've ever encountered. "They're not the better team, they just have better players because they pay them more." And having the better players makes them a better team. Are you arguing that a team like the red sox is better because it embodies the kvlt underdog spirit of not having enough money to have good players?

what other words are filtered out other that "farm a see"? i don't see why the hell that is filtered and my pals and cunt arent. what the fuck man.
It's filtered to stop prescription drug spam.

I actually despise Boston, and feel no compulsion to care about it's sports teams.

This has always struck me as some of the most asinine logic I've ever encountered. "They're not the better team, they just have better players because they pay them more." And having the better players makes them a better team. Are you arguing that a team like the red sox is better because it embodies the kvlt underdog spirit of not having enough money to have good players?
Stop applying logic to something which has none. Is it logical to like the bands you like? Is it logical to hate the bands you hate?

Also stop being a traitor. Boston rulez.

Bands don't compete; there's no objective measure of a band's quality; this is a terrible analogy; I'm using a lot of semi-colons. That said, the Red Sox/Yankees thing is inherently retarded, yes. And Boston is a fucking pimple on the face of humanity.

The Yankees payroll obviously has a lot to do with their (modern) success, but they haven't always had exponentially more money to burn than everyone else, and they won an awful lot of championships during that time period. Many players actually come to the Yankees and take lower pay just because they want to play for the Yankees as well, for example Mark Teixeira. Sure, they have the highest payroll, but they also have the classiest and most well organized front office that gets things done. They have the highest payroll because they win so fucking much, and they win so fucking much now because they have the highest payroll. ENDLESS CIRCLE OF DEATH.

Maybe the Cardinals can win another one now that their new batting coach, Mark McGwire, can show them how to shoot up properly.

It's filtered to stop prescription drug spam.

Stop applying logic to something which has none. Is it logical to like the bands you like? Is it logical to hate the bands you hate?

Also stop being a traitor. Boston rulez.

I agree. I don't know why I like my favorite teams in reality. Just because. It's the only time I see a negro and root for him. Otherwise I'm typically chasing them to get my bike back.

I didn't see this before. I disagree with this, but I think we've already talked about it before. There can be (but doesn't have to be) logic behind why you root for the teams you root for, and I think it's even more clear that there can be logic behind why you listen to the bands you listen to.