The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'd just like to say I wasn't making a slur against Romanians in what I was saying earlier. I very much admire some of them. It was just a silly example.

Currently writing up notes on and getting my head around concepts in Spinal pathways and motor control... missed the lectures due to an epic hangover unfortunately. Also a bit pissed off that my 2 week surgery attachment next week is at a hospital miles away... In a year of 200 med students 10 of us get to go to this place, while all the others are at our main hospital (our uni basically) ...
Really gay.

D&D tonight.

Glass_Dildos.jpg

I agree. I don't know why I like my favorite teams in reality. Just because. It's the only time I see a negro and root for him. Otherwise I'm typically chasing them to get my bike back.
Oh man casual racism is hilarious. It's a good thing people don't make this joke all the time or else it would get really unfunny and played out.

I didn't see this before. I disagree with this, but I think we've already talked about it before. There can be (but doesn't have to be) logic behind why you root for the teams you root for, and I think it's even more clear that there can be logic behind why you listen to the bands you listen to.
There can be, but I think liking a sports team is usually about emotional attachment and feeling part of something bigger than yourself, and should not be a calculation of what team has the highest chance of winning.

If you like a team because they are the most well run and you appreciate competent management that's a little better, but I think if you ask most sports fans this will not be the reason they give for liking a team.

Bored at work. D&D tonight and im Dming. Gotta come up with something cool.
My cousin Gunk rolled up a shit character and wouldnt re roll. I think he has like 2 9's and no standout stats. And to top it off he's a rogue, so he cant do much anyway.
Brother is playing a monk. Not great at low levels, but hopefully i'll get them to third tonight.

3.5 I take it? I had a sweet monk a few years back. He was killed and a large funeral pyre was raised in his honor! We were playing every saturday here for a few months, but the DM joined the army. BOOO! We actually gave 4.0 a chance and had a lot of fun with it. It is different and almost totally combat oriented, but with some good roleplayers and and an open mind when it comes to the rules, it works just fine and can create some fun battles.

Oh man casual racism is hilarious. It's a good thing people don't make this joke all the time or else it would get really unfunny and played out.

There can be, but I think liking a sports team is usually about emotional attachment and feeling part of something bigger than yourself, and should not be a calculation of what team has the highest chance of winning.

If you like a team because they are the most well run and you appreciate competent management that's a little better, but I think if you ask most sports fans this will not be the reason they give for liking a team.

1+

3.5 I take it? I had a sweet monk a few years back. He was killed and a large funeral pyre was raised in his honor! We were playing every saturday here for a few months, but the DM joined the army. BOOO! We actually gave 4.0 a chance and had a lot of fun with it. It is different and almost totally combat oriented, but with some good roleplayers and and an open mind when it comes to the rules, it works just fine and can create some fun battles.
hell yeah 3.5. I will never play 4.0 ever again
the power crap needs to go the hell away. So fucking dumb.
It's like Wizards made a D&D game for the Warcraft kids

My friednds and I had a discussion on how it is unfortunate that 4.0 is the system kids are going to be getting into these days. It is such a non-roleplaying rpg. It is like a pen and paper war-game.

Corporate interests and standardized testing have stunted the educational opportunities of aspiring DnD players.

I just failed to chat up some chick I haven't met irl, over facebook. I was like oh so you go out in *our town* she was like yeah *lists places*,I said so do you go to *lists other place* she was like *no reply was the answer* I was like ? she was like this user is offline.

This has always struck me as some of the most asinine logic I've ever encountered. "They're not the better team, they just have better players because they pay them more." And having the better players makes them a better team. Are you arguing that a team like the red sox is better because it embodies the kvlt underdog spirit of not having enough money to have good players?

I'm not arguing anything. I could care less about the Yankees or the Red Sox. All I'm saying is that the Yankees obviously attract the best of the best because of their high payroll and they can afford to pay them more than anyone else. It therefore follows that they will perform better with better players.

My friednds and I had a discussion on how it is unfortunate that 4.0 is the system kids are going to be getting into these days. It is such a non-roleplaying rpg. It is like a pen and paper war-game.

I am now LoLing at my typo that caused me to type Friednds.

How fitting :lol:

The Yankees payroll obviously has a lot to do with their (modern) success, but they haven't always had exponentially more money to burn than everyone else, and they won an awful lot of championships during that time period. Many players actually come to the Yankees and take lower pay just because they want to play for the Yankees as well, for example Mark Teixeira. Sure, they have the highest payroll, but they also have the classiest and most well organized front office that gets things done. They have the highest payroll because they win so fucking much, and they win so fucking much now because they have the highest payroll. ENDLESS CIRCLE OF DEATH.

yankees as of right now are what's wrong with major sports imho