The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I really don't understand why lately I'm in this perpetual state of depression. I have no real reason to be depressed. This has to fucking stop.

Depression is a bitch. I find with myself that sometimes it really is for no reason in particular. Sometimes I will just wake up feeling awful. Not physically, but mentally. I have been keeping really busy and for the last couple of weeks it has seemed to help out. It is the times when I have nothing to think about other than myself that I tend to work myself into some sort of funk. I really hope you feel better soon, because being bummed out is no fun at all.

I have some weird thing in regards to anti-depressants. A friend of mine is/was on them and they helped him out a lot, but I somehow feel like it is cheating or that taking them isn't really solving a problem just hiding it. I feel like I need to deal with it and solve it in a more proactive way. I think that is the only way I would be satisfied. And to be honest, as weird and unhealthy as it sounds, sometimes when I feeling happy, it almost feels as if something is missing. I have become so accustomed to feeling otherwise that being truly happy feels foreign. That is why I do not think I would ever want any sort of medication. If I didn't actively address the issue and it just faded away I think I would just feel strange all the time.

I am a weirdo.

I think I have the cure to make you happy:

HAPPY GABBER TECHNO!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9KkltMS-Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9KkltMS-Y[/ame]

i dont trust anti depressants. I have this crippling fear that they will rob me of what I am,i.e creativity, my personality ect. But the shitty thing is that I am extremely depressed a large amount of the time. SO I just take St.Johns Wort pills, which seem to help alot. obiously nothing like happy pills, but I think its a better way of going about it ( naturopathic)

Just got settled into my new apartment today. This place is fucking great. For an extra $75/month, I get a bigger room, nicer location (right next to the main 'strip' in Richmond with all the local shops/diners), my own friggin' balcony, shorter drive time to work, and no morons shouting/laughing at a TV screen every single night in an adjacent living room.

<-- happy

Just got settled into my new apartment today. This place is fucking great. For an extra $75/month, I get a bigger room, nicer location (right next to the main 'strip' in Richmond with all the local shops/diners), my own friggin' balcony, shorter drive time to work, and no morons shouting/laughing at a TV screen every single night in an adjacent living room.

<-- happy

Congrats man! That sounds great.

I have some weird thing in regards to anti-depressants. A friend of mine is/was on them and they helped him out a lot, but I somehow feel like it is cheating or that taking them isn't really solving a problem just hiding it. I feel like I need to deal with it and solve it in a more proactive way. I think that is the only way I would be satisfied. And to be honest, as weird and unhealthy as it sounds, sometimes when I feeling happy, it almost feels as if something is missing. I have become so accustomed to feeling otherwise that being truly happy feels foreign. That is why I do not think I would ever want any sort of medication. If I didn't actively address the issue and it just faded away I think I would just feel strange all the time.

I am a weirdo.

Nah, that is legit. My girlfriend's mom is on anti-depressants iirc and my girlfriend told me it makes you like a drone who just seems outwardly more pleasant but you're really just aloof. That is shitty.