The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Studying life, I think on a larger/macroscopic scale as opposed to biology (intro level anyway) dealing with microscopic life. But honestly I have no idea.

So compared to sociology it would be closer to biology?

purity.png

As I open the front door onto the noisy city street, I find myself surrounded by warm air, easily in the 60s if not 70s. A spring day in January? Sure, why not.

I get in my car, start the motor, and turn on my MP3 player. I'm in the mood for something heavy. As I pull out onto the road I crank up "Blackened" by Metallica. It's real, like a fucking knife. That gritty guitar tone is exactly the one I was looking for, and I max out the volume in my car to make it all the grittier.

The rain pelts my windshield as I speed down the highway, the air the sweetest it's been in the million years since last Autumn. My lungs feel like a hydroponic arcology where millions of seeds are sprouting to life and releasing fragrant pollens. As I pull off at my exit, the rain and fog suddenly clear, and I'm driving on the marbled glass surfaces of wet roads. I pass through a corridor of trees that fill my nose with new scents -- scents of decay and of rebirth. I'm as alert as if I had an IV bag of coffee stuck in my arm.

Another minute or two of singing along to the chorus of "And Justice for All", and I'm parked in my spot on the lot staring down the giant grey factory/office complex that consumes the days of my life like the Biblical Deluge that consumed humanity. I spare a moment for regret that I'll be cooped up inside there for the next eight hours and leaving the warm, humid morning behind, but then it occurs to me that I've got it all wrong. I'm the one bringing the morning in there.

As I open the front door onto the noisy city street, I find myself surrounded by warm air, easily in the 60s if not 70s. A spring day in January? Sure, why not.

I get in my car, start the motor, and turn on my MP3 player. I'm in the mood for something heavy. As I pull out onto the road I crank up "Blackened" by Metallica. It's real, like a fucking knife. That gritty guitar tone is exactly the one I was looking for, and I max out the volume in my car to make it all the grittier.

The rain pelts my windshield as I speed down the highway, the air the sweetest it's been in the million years since last Autumn. My lungs feel like a hydroponic arcology where millions of seeds are sprouting to life and releasing fragrant pollens. As I pull off at my exit, the rain and fog suddenly clear, and I'm driving on the marbled glass surfaces of wet roads. I pass through a corridor of trees that fill my nose with new scents -- scents of decay and of rebirth. I'm as alert as if I had an IV bag of coffee stuck in my arm.

Another minute or two of singing along to the chorus of "And Justice for All", and I'm parked in my spot on the lot staring down the giant grey factory/office complex that consumes the days of my life like the Biblical Deluge that consumed humanity. I spare a moment for regret that I'll be cooped up inside there for the next eight hours and leaving the warm, humid morning behind, but then it occurs to me that I've got it all wrong. I'm the one bringing the morning in there.

Ah, I remember "Metallica in the Morning" moments going to work.

Spilled coffee on my balls a few minutes ago after going through the drive-through at McDonalds. Then the cup got wedged between my leg and the steering wheel ( almost like some final destination shit) so I had to push it out of my lap and spill the rest of it :erk:. Thankfully it happened after class because I was wearing urban camo pants so it would have looked pretty bad :lol:
Still got a cheese burger so it wasn't all bad. :)

Post#999 :kickass:

I'm going to study Politics at university. Not now, I mean later in the year. I've already had a fairly big argument with my dad over the decision so whatever.