The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

NYU is very hipster-y. Also, ludicrously expensive. When I was in NYC this weekend I noted that the general attractiveness of the female population was markedly inferior to Montreal and indeed was at best comparable to Boston.

Visiting NYU today...

...will spend more time checking out the female student body and assessing the hipsterness than listening to the tour guide.

Man-Purse went to NYU. He learned how to dress well and pick up girls at swanky bars, but he was really unimpressed by how impersonal the environment was since there are 40,000 students and tons of different campuses and the professors don't have time/don't care about individual time with students.

Have you considered Vassar? 2400ish students, good on-campus music scene, girls aren't as pretty as NYU girls but are still pretty and desperate for ass because of the high female and gay men/male ratio. The campus is an arboretum and it's still Metro North accessible. Same price tag as NYU though, think it's up to almost $50k/year without financial aid.

Man-Purse went to NYU. He learned how to dress well and pick up girls at swanky bars, but he was really unimpressed by how impersonal the environment was since there are 40,000 students and tons of different campuses and the professors don't have time/don't care about individual time with students.

Also ASD forgot to mention he was in the music program for 2 years and found snobbery galore from other music students who refused to play music with him since he liked heavy metal - overwhelming preference for jazz and indie.

Also ASD forgot to mention he was in the music program for 2 years and found snobbery galore from other music students who refused to play music with him since he liked heavy metal - overwhelming preference for jazz and indie.

My friend's guitar teacher was a Berklee grad and kept ranting about how people there looked down on everything but jazz.

My guitar teacher was a Berklee grad and kept ranting about how people there looked down on everything but jazz.

FYP to fit me.

And yea it's pretty ridiculous that NYU is more expensive than Harvard, etc. Mr.ASD claims that tuition isn't a problem, but he's just being a dad. Anyway, NYU isn't my first choice so whatever.

EDIT: Also, some obviously anorexic girl in my tour group said she wanted to major in nutrition and I almost lol'd.

I'm going to the bed!
Good Night!
10135651.gif

FYP to fit me.

And yea it's pretty ridiculous that NYU is more expensive than Harvard, etc. Mr.ASD claims that tuition isn't a problem, but he's just being a dad. Anyway, NYU isn't my first choice so whatever.

EDIT: Also, some obviously anorexic girl in my tour group said she wanted to major in nutrition and I almost lol'd.

NYU has (really nice!) dorm housing in the middle of Manhattan which is no doubt expensive property, but yeah it's ridic. They spent MILLIONS to move the arch in the park like two feet to make it centered. But then again Vassar had a $1,000,000/year landscaping budget for the frigging flowers etc so yeah...money oozing out the ass but what can we do? We have the FREEDOM to not be able to go to school because it's too expensive. The only reason I got to go to private school was because my grandmother died when I was 16.