The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Obligatory flower shots I took a long ass time ago:
5074078031_844ac7e54e_b.jpg

3503391304_0ed151ccbe_z.jpg

Obligatory panarama:
4921347670_973dd6a31d_b.jpg

It's been a long while since I took these and I still haven't gotten around to post-processing these fucking things. The only thing I did in post for the panorama was the stitching together; everything else I've shot is left as is. I still have a years worth of images to sift through... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

wow. this blizzard is kicking ass!
Just shoveled a shitload just to get my car in the garage. Hopping the fence in a couple hours to get some Thai food.
great location

Going to listen to Blizzard Beasts now

That... is really low; I recommend getting a good healthy looking body so you can actually turn around and be able to sell it in the future if you become even more serious. Be sure to at least look at the internal mirror to see if it is dirty in any way (take off lens, point at face, take picture - you will see the reflexive lens come up and go down - it's a pain in the ass to clean these, and if they are damaged they are very expensive).

Granted, bodies are no where near as important as the glass you have on them, but bodies will inhibit your ability to shoot. On the 1000d, I think the ISO only goes to 1600, and I am not sure exactly how noisy that will look. This might be a problem if you are trying to do low-light photography without a flash. A bigger problem though will be the pipeline limitations: 3.0 fps for a jpeg/1.5 for RAW (meaning you will be able to take the pics per second as a jpeg or 1.5 a second in RAW format). Counting you should be shooting RAW to save yourself from light-based fuckups, your shooting will take a while comparatively.

You know, you might be getting a body only though, which means you will need a lens. If you get the kit lens (which should be a 3.5-5.6 18-55mm), then you should know it is probably the most decent kit lens that comes with a camera. Not to say that the lens is super great (I hated it), but it's not bad per say. BUT if you do not get a lens with it, DO NOT DESPAIR. You can get a way better prime lens for $99 (Canon 50mm 1.8). It's sharp, it's fast, and it is literally the best lens you will get for that price. This little bastard is a thing of beauty, and should honestly be your first lens purchase.

I bought it before reading this, but anyways, everything is in good condition (including the internal mirror/reflexive lens), and the lens is a 35-80mm one. Basically the guy needed money for his car repairs, and he also didn't know the full value of the camera (got it as a gift from his stepdad or something when he was living in Boston).

So, what is a 35-80mm lens good (or bad) for?

Ugh my poor little old mother. Bitch is 65 in a couple months and she's out there shoveling the huge steep driveway all on her own. It's times like these when I feel really guilty about moving halfway around the world. :(

I'm in an OK mood because I am wearing my ugly yellow sweater with elbow patches and I have Vietnamese coffee. Despite falling in the street and skinning my knee/ripping my pants this morning I think today will be an okay day.

Yessss. If Turkish coffee and espresso had a baby, it would be Vietnamese coffee. A friend brought me back some grounds and a drip coffee maker from his trip to Vietnam.

Yeah, my power flickered a bit. I've got a delicious wintry playlist for tonight that I plan on steamrollin through while drinking some vodka. Power better not fucking go out...