The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Krampus -

We had a little discussion about cultural relativism a few months ago and my current experience in dealing with things related to ethnocentrism has got me thinking; How do people in Japan react to your presence? Obviously they are a courteous lot, but is there a degree of assimilation that's needed?

This explains SO MUCH about you. So much.

Jimmy, hang out in Cambridge/Harvard Sq. It's completely swamped with smart, cute Asian chicks from rich families.

haha you were spot on. I actually met a really cute asian girl at a gastro pub and we went to the ICA museum together. She knew everything about the place. I'll post a pic in the pic thread.

I honestly doubt that she'd put that much effort into trolling us for all these years.

The only thing I can think of is that she's some dude who enjoys pretending to be a woman. But I kind of doubt that also.

Valerie has never posted photos to my knowledge, so there's no proof, but I see no particular reason to call her gender into question. It's not like women are so fucking unheard of on the internet.

Okay, so she's a gamer, metalhead, possessed of impressive photo-shop skills, with a strong knowledge of current internet memes and a sharp tongue. True, those are all qualities generally associated with basement-dwelling neck-beards.
But whatever. I don't even give a shit. It's not like I'm going to be interacting with her hypothetical vagina, so its existence or non-existence is utterly irrelevant.

On the subject of Valerie, we need more of the Running Grant shoops.

Maybe Valerie is someone like this:

butch-dyke.jpg

She lives in the Bay area, after all.

Back from a weekend in DC. One of my favorite things to do there is to have lunch on the outdoor patio of a cafe on Connecticut Street with these two friends of mine who are studying law and political science, and talk about all the country's problems with them while surrounded by all these other tables full of students who are also talking about the country's problems. It's the most hilarious thing. The conversations are totally a meaningless exercise of the jaws, but it's just what you do when you're having lunch outside on Connecticut Street. I fucking love DC.