The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Managed to get a photopass for Septic Flesh/Devin Townsend/Obscura this Friday, can't fucking wait!

I'm going to that show on Friday too. I've already seen Septicflesh twice on their Communion tour so now I'm excited to hear some songs from their new album.

cabbage is lethal.

I'm half-assedly applying for part-time jobs in Albany NY on Craigslist. This one was kinda awesome, I'd be OK with doing this: http://albany.craigslist.org/ofc/2446355921.html

My "cover letter" email to them included my height/weight as well as the following phrases: "diversity quota," "100% clean mental health slate," "carrier pigeon" and "I'll call you." FFFUUUU I hate this.

yaaaay voilenoir, don't cry too much.

Got a Chinese-language phone call. Told them in Chinese I'm not Chinese. It begins early.

:lol:

never could finish LOTR. ever. i've put down a lot of series with as dry as writing and far more pages. but for some reason, could never finish that goddamn thing...

unless your talking about the movies.

The LOTR books are fucking awesome. I used to read The Hobbit + The LOTR books a lot but I haven't picked em up in YEARS. Maybe I'll start reading em again this week.

I remember a few months ago I started reading the Fellowship for the first time in years, and never ended up finishing it, not because I was bored or anything, just never ended up picking it back up.

You could say that the main strength of LotR is the mythology of its world. The actual story of the books isn't all that amazing, imo. My favourite Tolkien book is Silmarillion, where that mythology is expanded upon.

The best Tolkien, in my opinion, is The Children of Hurin. It's by far his most accomplished fictional writing and storytelling in my opinion. Anyone who is a fan of his other books but hasn't read this should definitely do so.

You could say that the main strength of LotR is the mythology of its world. The actual story of the books isn't all that amazing, imo. My favourite Tolkien book is Silmarillion, where that mythology is expanded upon.

I had a hard time reading The Silmarillion the first few times I tried reading it and only got in a fourth of the book. Then again I was 12-14. Now I love it though.

Silmarillion is great, but it starts out really heavy with the whole creation of the world thing so I understand people having a hard time getting through it.

I've always liked the Books of Lost Tales versions of the stories more though. While not as canon they are more engaging and epic to read.

9j183a.jpg