The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Hating everything, most especially my life, because the bugs are out in full force. Fruit flies, mosquitoes, stinkbugs/beetles, cockroaches, giant centipedes, all these fucking faggots somehow get into my apartment and terrify me. T____T HAPPY FUCKING SUMMER ASSHOLES

Hating everything, most especially my life, because the bugs are out in full force. Fruit flies, mosquitoes, stinkbugs/beetles, cockroaches, giant centipedes, all these fucking faggots somehow get into my apartment and terrify me. T____T HAPPY FUCKING SUMMER ASSHOLES

seriously. i basically live in the middle of the woods, by a pond. my house is crawling with the little fuckers

I've been pretty fortunate and haven't had a lot of insects come in. Then again I also try to get in and out pretty quick and I go through two doors to get to my small apartment.

I had a couple friends who did this. The pay wasn't bad for part-time iirc.

It's only for the summer. The reason I'm doing it is because I don't get my full associate professorship until September 1st, so right now I'm working as a contract lecturer and it doesn't exactly pay greatly.

Also, I wanted a job that is physical and will result in a solid work-out. Monday to Friday. 5-9.

So I'll be flying on site on Monday for an Engineering company as an assistant blasting engineer. 8 days on, 6 days off. At least until my next semester starts and the company already told me they've got a job lined up for me once I finish my degree at the end of the year. Already provided me with a laptop, a company mobile phone and is paying me for going to the induction courses this week. Fuck yeah.

Kinda nervous but excited. Can't wait to blow shit up.

Finally have a day off. No motivation to do anything. My life has become a ceaseless grind of apathy and self-loathing. Not to sound whiny or anything.

Being my own boss sucks. Working at home also sucks. I basically have a stack of 500+ vintage posters to photograph, do minor edits so the photos don't look like they were taken by a total amateur (HINT: They were), and then write up and list on eBay... I've put up ~50 so far, and they're worth a fair pretty penny assuming they sell eventually. Only problem is that I don't feel motivated to wake up, sit down, and start editing and listing everything. I'd much rather sit at my computer and look up new music, go on Reddit, lurk here, etc. Maybe it's just mild Summer Blues because I HATE Albany, and don't know anyone here and really just want to leave the house to play music with people... But I dunno. I guess I should just be happy I have a source of income and a consistent roof over my head, which is more than most people can say.

Upside: Working mostly from my computer on my own hours means I can take the next 3 days off to see Sleep/Winter/White Hills, possibly Dino Jr./Fucked Up/OFF!, and spend time with the lady friend.. AND bring my work with me and get some done at the same time. Awwww yeeeah?

I picked up an evening job with UPS to supplement my income. Unloading trucks. Apparently it is possible to lose 40-50 lbs during your first month on this shift and it's only 20 hours week.

Is there a strength pre-requisite to this? I would love a physical part-time job, fuck paying for the gym