The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Mike said he's seen more status updates on Amy Winehouse than Oslo. I said that's because no one cares about Oslo and give it a day or two and no one will care about Amy Winehouse. I was joking about the Oslo thing but was sort of serious at the same time because it's true. His stupid friend told me to deep throat a cactus so I pretty much told him to fuck off.

Mike said he's seen more status updates on Amy Winehouse than Oslo. I said that's because no one cares about Oslo and give it a day or two and no one will care about Amy Winehouse. I was joking about the Oslo thing but was sort of serious at the same time because it's true. His stupid friend told me to deep throat a cactus so I pretty much told him to fuck off.

Alright. Well, the sad part is that it's more or less true. That's the way human nature works.

As for deep throating a cactus, more like a cocktus, amirite?

these farts smell so bad. Holy shit!
big salad then a ton of cabbage. Love you!

Love you too!

I move in 5 days aaaggghhhh holy shit. Having my apartment inspected tonight. I had a bunch of rowdy UK uni students on an exchange program stay over last night and I drank a whole bottle of whiskey and spilled wine all over my carpet. Fuck! I came to work 90 minutes late still drunk but those 90 minutes were spent cleaning and scrubbing and tidying my place.

I feel nothing but crushing sadness about my time in Japan ending.

The whole Amy Winehouse, Norway thing was a tad silly. But I've come to realize that people just don't care about mass murder when there's something like a celebrity who ODed.

Either way, Breivik is the sort of killer that just wants to garner as much media attention as he can and I reckon he achieved it pretty well.

Getting flooded with emails from students requesting me to review their science project papers before they hand them in tomorrow. Apparently I'm the only one in this whole fucking program who cares/knows about proper grammar. There are multiple people with MA's in English teaching in this program, yet the students all run to the bloody Latin instructor to make sure their English is sound.

It's pretty cool they respect you for that though.

I myself am working on a paper right now, my first college assignment actually. I'd say I write well, and have had great remarks and positive feedback from professional writers and teachers. It's impossibly annoying to see everyone on facebook whining about the book and paper, which deals with faith and religion. I also feel I'll be the only one to actually use quotes from the book and outside sources. Even though I'm not religious I really enjoyed the book and I'll be well over the measly 5 page (double-spaced for fucks sake) minimum. I suppose I should get back to writing...

Last day of my job!!!!!! Got my visa business taken care of without a hitch and bought a lunchbox shaped like the Kyushu Shinkansen <3

tn_jp-kyushu-n700-8000-kmiura.jpg

People are all in such a fucking hurry. I mean, I return from somewhere and the next day I&#8216;m supposed to leave Prague again? What the fuck. On top of it my girl is still acting like we won&#8216;t see each other this century and I need to do stuff to school. I mean, is this fucking summer? I need to chill. (So I had a beer at noon). Seriously, I need beers. A lot of them.

Drinking during the day is the best kind of drinking IMO.

I'm having some trouble with my sleep patterns right now. I completely fucked up my internal clock with that interview last week because I slept for three hours before I did the interview and then took a long ass nap later in the day afterward, which made me not tired at all at night. So it's hard to get to sleep at normal times now and once I get into a habit I don't have much discipline to break it. Fvck.

So after many years of talking about opening our own car shop, I told my brother the other day, "Let's stop talking about it and just fucking do it already." He agreed, so yesterday after I got off work we went and looked at four different properties.

The first one sat on .6 acres. I'm not sure what it used to be used for, but it had an upstairs apartment, and downstairs it had an entrance and exit garage on the right side, and on the back half of it running east and west was another long garage with a door. It was the perfect set up really but it was completely run down and would need a overhauled from top to bottom. Not only that, but the were asking $250k for the place and weren't really willing to negotiate for it. Granted, this was a zoned commercial property which means it's going to be more expensive, that's just ridiculous.

The two other places we checked out were big lots, one was 3.5 acres with a brand new house and the rest was open land. It's bank owned and they're asking $300k for it. Having all of that land would have been sweet, but that's way too high for me and it's going to take a shit load of work to set that place up how I wanted it. The other one was another house with a massive two car garage attached to it. This place was a complete dump and was out in the sticks which is not what I wanted. They were asking $82 for that place on an acre and a half. It was a decent buy, but not exactly what I was looking for.

And then last but most certainly not least, I pretty much found the place I want. It sits on exactly one acre, it's right off a state road, probably a mile or so down the road next to a couple corn fields. It's a nice open lot, with just a house next to it. If you're looking directly at it from the road, it's a long rectangular lot, and the building, which is pretty much a 32x50 two car garage/workshop, sits in the back left corner. It has already been plumbed and wired and all that jazz, and it's already been approved by the city for the addition of a four bedroom house. The building is nearly brand new as well. They're asking $50k, firm.

My plan would be to build onto the existing building, extending the bottom level around so that the building is in the shape of an L following the property line in the back. In the center of the L build a customer lounge type area, walled in so that the shop noises wouldn't be too annoying. And on top of the entire workshop, in the shape of the L as well, would be the living area for my brother and I. I'm thinking another $50k ontop of the other $50k would be enough to do what I want. We would literally be working at home, doing shit we like, and making $$$$$$$$$. No bosses, no shitty wages (at first maybe, but not later on), all kinds of perks.