The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Brainstorming a version of the ultimate Terran defense for Starcraft 2. I'm thinking this:

Key: sg = siege tank, b = bunker, s = supply depot, m = missile turret

--sg b s
sg m b s
--sg b s
sg m b s
--sg b s
sg m b s
--sg b s
sg m b s

Upgrade to neosteel frame ASAP, then put four marines and one marauder in each bunker. Upgrade to concussive shells ASAP. This could stop banelings in their tracks by slowing them down right before the siege tanks can blast them into oblivion. Keep some vikings hovering behind in case brood lords come.

As for your opinion of Mad Max, were you even paying attention to the movie?

The first or second?

First one.
And yes.
People drive around in a fairly uninteresting car chase, then Mel Gibson wears sunglasses and is a badass and ruins some guy's shit.
Then there's talking and everyone likes Mel Gibson.
Then bikers are dickheads.
Then a biker gets arrested.
Then he gets let go.
Then the bikers try to kill Mel Gibson's friend.
Then Mel Gibson pussies out and goes on a vacation.
Then bikers spend an unnecessary amount of time trying to murder Mel Gibson's family.
Then Mel Gibson is mad as hell and he's not going to take it anymore.
Then Mel Gibson spends the five minutes of the movie that aren't completely worthless murdering three bikers.
Then credits.

First one.
And yes.
People drive around in a fairly uninteresting car chase, then Mel Gibson wears sunglasses and is a badass and ruins some guy's shit.
Then there's talking and everyone likes Mel Gibson.
Then bikers are dickheads.
Then a biker gets arrested.
Then he gets let go.
Then the bikers try to kill Mel Gibson's friend.
Then Mel Gibson pussies out and goes on a vacation.
Then bikers spend an unnecessary amount of time trying to murder Mel Gibson's family.
Then Mel Gibson is mad as hell and he's not going to take it anymore.
Then Mel Gibson spends the five minutes of the movie that aren't completely worthless murdering three bikers.
Then credits.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that still sounds pretty awesome to me. And it was awesome when I first saw it at age 8 or so.

The 2nd one is much better, although still cheesy as any 80s flick.

Agreed.

Almost killed a guy at work with a bean soup fart

You're lucky the smell didn't kill you.

I have the biggest urge to start an Akira Yamaoka-esque shoegaze band. That ominous, melancholy, atmospheric vibe would work perfectly. The only problem would be implementing vocals.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that still sounds pretty awesome to me. And it was awesome when I first saw it at age 8 or so.
It's a really standard revenge plot that spends forever getting to the actual revenge. I thought the revenge would happen after his partner got killed, but then he went on vacation and I knew that his wife was about to kick it, but it took forever to happen. Maybe the movie was a bit less predictable when it came out, but come on...

Cop busts criminal
Criminal takes revenge on cop's family
Cop murders criminal and associates

I mean...isn't that The Punisher?

The cheesy-ness of 80's action movies added a sense of comedy to the movies. Action + Comedy = Awesome. These days everyone wants an action movie to be either "smart" (Bourne films) or whatever you call stuff like The Expendables, Live free or die hard, The Marine....Stupid and overproduced. The 80s action movies had a crappier production that made for a good atmosphere. Special effects and good production have pretty much ruined action movies.

Drinking Mike's HARDER lemonade and feelin totally pussy gay, and harder(for older women). gonna get fucked up!

Just got a free pizza from Pizza Hut.

fuck%2Byea.png