The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Haha. I just think I have insomnia, but the doctor I was referred to seemed very gung-ho about diagnosing it as PTSD because I did two tours in Afghanistan from 2005 to 2007.

I honestly don't think I have it. I just want to get 8 hours of sleep a night.

Haha. I just think I have insomnia, but the doctor I was referred to seemed very gung-ho about diagnosing it as PTSD because I did two tours in Afghanistan from 2005 to 2007.

I honestly don't think I have it. I just want to get 8 hours of sleep a night.

My guess is he's trying to sell you on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. I would either get a second opinion, or insist on a "natural" alternative. You know, the kind you smoke through a bong.

Do you remember Tooth and Nail? I played the version with Urzas, never really got the cloudpost one. Good times.

It's definitely ahead of the mana curve. Pack 4 of those in a deck and the other guy doesn't have a chance. 4 Hymns, 4 Ostracize, some Abyssal Specters...unless he's playing Goblins of White Weenie or some shit where he can flood the table with creatures before you blow up his hand, he's fucked.

It's not terrible. It's just that in my experience, a discard deck typically whittles the opponent's hand down really fast and then they don't do much discarding. The effect of a discard deck is really to limit the opponent's options, rather than simply to make them throw cards out. Therefore it'd be pretty slow to kill with Megrim. Again, it's not terrible, but those spots could be used for more effective cards...off the top of my head

4 Terror
4 Ostracize
4 Abyssal Specter
4 Dark Banishing
I'd run 20 swamps, but I'm paranoid about mana screw. You could go 18.
That brings you to 34-36 cards. 24-26 spots left. At least 6 go to discard spells, you'll want some more creatures as well. It's also not a terrible idea to run some Drudge Skeletons or something in case they get creatures out and you need a blocker. You'll also want some more removal, probably. And of course a win condition, probably something big and ugly. Yyou could go for a big Corrupt or Drain Life...I always liked Promise of Power cause it offered more flexibility.
Basically, you can go a lot of ways with the deck, but there's always gonna be a better choice than Megrim.

Tooth and Nail was fun. Triskelion and Mephidross Vampire or Darksteel Colossus and anything was always fun.

Power creep has rendered Terror, Dark Banishing, and Ostracize fairly worthless,and youre better off with diabolic edict or chainers edict anyway (dont target) or even infest... Infest annihilates weenie flow... Doom Blade, I think, is blacks new targeted removal goodness time. And I assume you mean Hypnotic Specter, not abyssal, why would you play that?

Does anyone have pointers for improving the consistency on last.fm's iPod scrobbler? It seems to cherry pick pretty frequently on my computer, and then works magnificently on occasion, pulling everything from my iPod that I've listened to in the last 2 weeks.

I guess I'll tangent your guys' planes-walking crap by stating that I hate Sansa for taking so long to get me my damned mp3 player. I sent it in under warranty and it's been gone for a long time now.

Now I'm throwing my music on my phone, but it doesn't have a large enough HD to carry a 4th of what I would listen to over a two day span of typical driving for me.

Ravnica is pretty much the best set

Fucking Onslaught.

Goddamn kids.
It's not terrible. It's just that in my experience, a discard deck typically whittles the opponent's hand down really fast and then they don't do much discarding. The effect of a discard deck is really to limit the opponent's options, rather than simply to make them throw cards out. Therefore it'd be pretty slow to kill with Megrim. Again, it's not terrible, but those spots could be used for more effective cards...off the top of my head

It became a lot better when Planar Chaos came out mainly due to cards like Wistful Thinking (2U, Sorcery, target player draws 2 then discards 4).

yeah wtf?
At least talk about D&D...

No.

I hate it when people try to be smartasses and say "what level's your dungeon master?" Fuck people who say that.

Really? Pretty much every time someone overheard my friends and I discussing it in school they would ask that.

Anyway, just finished grading a stack of papers. It's annoying when people write in indistinguishable cursive.

It became a lot better when Planar Chaos came out mainly due to cards like Wistful Thinking (2U, Sorcery, target player draws 2 then discards 4).

I was trying to think of the card earlier but couldnt, I think I'd rather play The Rack still. One mana, 2-3 damage each turn and stackable...

Oh and I was trying to remember Nyxathid too as a kill card.
Creature - Elemental 7/7, 1BB (3)

As Nyxathid enters the battlefield, choose an opponent.

Nyxathid gets -1/-1 for each card in the chosen player's hand.

Edit: or Gull Draz Specter

Creature - Specter 2/2, 2BB (4)

Flying

Guul Draz Specter gets +3/+3 as long as an opponent has no cards in hand.

Whenever Guul Draz Specter deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.

I was trying to think of the card earlier but couldnt, I think I'd rather play The Rack still. One mana, 2-3 damage each turn and stackable...

True. The Rack is pretty beast.

Oh and I was trying to remember Nyxathid too as a kill card.
Creature - Elemental 7/7, 1BB (3)

As Nyxathid enters the battlefield, choose an opponent.

Nyxathid gets -1/-1 for each card in the chosen player's hand.

I'm not that big of a fan of this card just due to the fact that it lacks some kind of evasion ability tbh. Easily blockable.

Edit: or Gull Draz Specter

Creature - Specter 2/2, 2BB (4)

Flying

Guul Draz Specter gets +3/+3 as long as an opponent has no cards in hand.

Whenever Guul Draz Specter deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.

Now this card is pretty bitchin'; could possibly even replace Hypnotic Specter in my deck. Only problem is mine's pimped out with Judge Rewards and Fourth Edition versions of the Hyppies, which I am irrationally attached to. ;_;

Judge Rewards Hyppie:
10.jpg

Power creep has rendered Terror, Dark Banishing, and Ostracize fairly worthless,and youre better off with diabolic edict or chainers edict anyway (dont target) or even infest... Infest annihilates weenie flow... Doom Blade, I think, is blacks new targeted removal goodness time. And I assume you mean Hypnotic Specter, not abyssal, why would you play that?
Uh...it's like a 2/3 w/ flying and when it hits the opponent discards a card? I can't keep the names straight, it's been years. I think it costs 3B. Whichever one that is, it pretty much rules.

Duress(best discard in the game) >>>>>>>>>>>> Ostracize anyway?

Ah, yes, Duress. I can't remember the names of cards anymore. I also don't know anything that came out after Mirrodin block.

Uh...it's like a 2/3 w/ flying and when it hits the opponent discards a card? I can't keep the names straight, it's been years. I think it costs 3B. Whichever one that is, it pretty much rules.

1.jpg

?

If that's it, I'd still rather use Hyppie tbh. (1) for 1 toughness isn't really worth it IMO. It's in Bolt/Incinerate-range either way.

I drank four cups of coffee because I thought I would be having an all-nighter. I am not. I am wired. I am going to dominate in Starcraft II now.