The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

This http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/faq/

Mainly i think it's a big point for trustworthiness that they give a detailed overview of the govt requests they've gotten and how they dealt with each.

Now if you find out through some other source about a request they *haven't* reported, that would be cause to mistrust them, but as it is they seem pretty trustworthy (based on a really lazy/superficial evaluation).

I just bought this savage beast literally seconds ago (in quasar blue not red):

Dell-Alienware-M17x-3D-Gaming-Laptop.jpeg

Sub-total: $2900
Total after discounts and taxes: $2500

I can't fucking wait. Won't be here until mid-March though. :erk:

played D&D lastnight
My buddy the DM has been playing for close to 20 years.
And he has a custom world that is completely full of history from past characters. Fucking fun!
Im playing a dwarven rogue. Going to try to make him like Indiana Jones, tons of skills, a bunch of the knowledge skills.
17str, 14dex, 14con, 14int, 12wis, 8cha.
We just hit level 2 lastnight and im taking a level of Ranger.
I was going to go fighter, but the skillset of the Ranger kinda makes more sense.
Now I can use a dwarven waraxe.... and sneak attack with it!
Also for my character background I have a bracer that makes axes go up a die for damage. So my sneakattack damage is D12 + D6 + 4

I just bought this savage beast literally seconds ago (in quasar blue not red):

Dell-Alienware-M17x-3D-Gaming-Laptop.jpeg

Sub-total: $2900
Total after discounts and taxes: $2500

I can't fucking wait. Won't be here until mid-March though. :erk:

Not to rain on your parade, but I dropped 2k on an Alienware laptop once. Worst buy I ever made. Granted that was 8 years ago, and things may have changed since then, but I won't spend that much on tech again. Alienware is/was overpriced anyway, and tech outdates itself far too rapidly. By and large, tech "early adopters" of any sort are suckers.

Not to rain on your parade, but I dropped 2k on an Alienware laptop once. Worst buy I ever made. Granted that was 8 years ago, and things may have changed since then, but I won't spend that much on tech again. Alienware is/was overpriced anyway, and tech outdates itself far too rapidly.

You may have owned the exception honestly. I've had Alienware before, along with quite a few gamers that are too lazy to build their own like me. No complaints from my end or theirs.

The price is what it is, Alienware isn't that much more expensive than competing brands in their realm. An equivalent laptop from someone like Origin, ibuypower, or whoever is going to be about the same. With Alienware you're paying a little more for the fluff. The extra costs for unique chassis design and theme, customizable back-lit color schemes, performance and reliability, and the tech service is totally worth it imo. Besides, of course technology is always evolving, but that's not a logical reason for buying an under-powered machine more often just to save a little money now compared to spending a moderate price on a high level machine, only to inevitably have to replace it 3-5 years down the road anyway.

Yeah... I've always found Alienware was a little expensive. Awesome specs, but I think a customiz built laptop would be cheaper but not as flashy (Alienware does have aesthetically pleasing casings). Speaking of computers, I think I should be upgrading my hardware on my computer pretty soon.

i've been needing a hardware upgrade for years, but i'm too damned lazy to gather all the information i need to make a good shopping decision.

I'm likely going to need a second job very soon; which really sucks, because I put a lot of fucking time into creating lectures, so I need a part-time job with a weird schedule.

Same for me. Pretty dumb. I'm looking at trying to toss on a couple graveyard shifts per week for some pocket money.

I am moving out of my parents' house soon! Really excited. Getting a place with some Craigslist randoms who turned out to be really cool and well-connected.

accidently ran a red light at an intersection with a cop being one of the first cars to my right, was getting ready to pullover till I saw on my rear the cop going the other way. Guess he didn't see me as I passed him....must've been txting.