The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

all the hipsters bring them to the lecture theatres..

Anyway I have a raging saw throat and I need to find a way of printing my health insurance details without a printer. The library might be open. Hmm.

What is the point of having an iPad? I still don't understand what it does that a laptop doesn't do...

It doesn't "do" anything extra afaik, it's just a super-convenient device that you can take wherever, and it's nice for watching movies or reading. I've got a huge reading list right now, and the comfort/convenience of reading actually has a big influence on how much of it i do, so if a tablet PC happens to get me to read more then that really is worth a few hundred bucks to me.

Also, since i've never had a Mac before i'm interested in the experience of using one, because a lot of people consider them to be the most "usable" computers around. Combine that with the tablet experience, and i feel like there's plenty of potential for me to come across interesting new computer habits.

Drinking coffee. Bought some nicotine patches and decided am going to quit for good. I'm sick and tired of it and in a good mindstate to quit. After about 2 week should notice the benefits of quiting.

Went downtown for St. Patty's, hung out at an Irish bar for a while. Nothing interesting to report, though i was struck by how many damn cops there were everywhere. They were outside *every* packed bar downtown, even *inside* a few (i.e. just standing guard), and they had a DUI checkpoint set up in the middle of VCU. Fucking plague.

zabu of nΩd;10221667 said:
Went downtown for St. Patty's, hung out at an Irish bar for a while. Nothing interesting to report, though i was struck by how many damn cops there were everywhere. They were outside *every* packed bar downtown, even *inside* a few (i.e. just standing guard), and they had a DUI checkpoint set up in the middle of VCU. Fucking plague.

It was the opposite here. In the student neighborhoods where a lot of the pubs are pretty much Irish/English pubs, I saw maybe 4 police cruisers total over the the course of the night and not a single cop walking around at all.

It was the opposite here. In the student neighborhoods where a lot of the pubs are pretty much Irish/English pubs, I saw maybe 4 police cruisers total over the the course of the night and not a single cop walking around at all.

Well virginia does have a pretty nazi police force, as others who've driven through will tell you. Where do you live?

zabu of nΩd;10221667 said:

Well, there's a reason for this, everybody drives drunk like retards instead of just taking cabs/buses/carpooling with a sober DD

I started P90x in Austin. My buddy had it on his laptop and I was always curious what it was like. I'm sore as shit right now and I'm only four days in and it's getting progressively more hardcore. I'm thinking those infomercials aren't so full of shit on this one. I can barely lift my arms up. haha