The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Hahaha, I was reading something in either Discovery or Scientific American some months ago that the perception of neanderthals as less intelligent than our species is a very flawed one.

Haha, found the CD on some racist bookstore -

their price for it

$14.88

:lol:

Are you sure? I remember watching a documentary comparing the weapons. They both had throwing spears, but neanderthals had fatter, heavier, duller ones that were less accurate, while homo sapiens had smaller, thinner, sharper ones that were more accurate. There are reasons we outcompeted them.

This is from 2008. I'm not sure what year the documentary was from.

Either way, it may not have been intelligence specifically, or even intelligence, but it had to be a human trait that helped them win.

I think a lot of what screws up the world today is the results of human survival instincts. I think it's kind of ironic that the things that once protected us from things like dire wolves are also what made us blow up entire cities.

I think a lot of what screws up the world today is the results of human survival instincts. I think it's kind of ironic that the things that once protected us from things like dire wolves are also what made us blow up entire cities.

Yeah, it can't possibly be the desire for conquest and/or dominion.

I'm downvoted so bad on the "2 X Chromosomes" subreddit that I can't post more than once every ten minutes. I suck at being a woman apparently.

Reddit can be unexpectedly uptight, in my experience. I've found that randomly I'll make a comment that it would seem people would normally be fine with, and it gets downvoted.

That said, I still love Reddit.

I downvote pet pictures, especially when it's pictures of dogs just sitting. I fucking know what a dog looks like. It pisses me off that posts like that get 2000+ upvotes and it's a fucking dog sitting on its ass. WTF.

I hate Reddit btw.

When will you be in Boston this month? I'll be coming down with zabu and mutantllama on the 23rd of May.
Today's probably the last day. I'm taking a midnight bus back to Montreal, and then hopefully I'll be working. I'll be back in Boston sometime in August, probably.