The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Socrates was a dick.

129036744566338171.jpg

waiting for tmrw
tmrw i will (in this order) re-aquire my phone, (that's been in Irving for the last 2 weeks) my recently fired friend will collect his last paycheck, i will get back the money for the apt that i "put on hold" by teling the complex that i no longer wish to live there, spend my re-aquired money renting a room at the Carousel for 1 week, then, after getting December's money, move into a cheeply-priced apt prolly in the "gayborhood" http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...c8868a73da6ee0e&bpcl=38897761&biw=792&bih=425

won't go into Irving till 2 or 3 PM

I got a paper returned to me from a professor the other day. It got an A+ but next to the grade was a comment criticizing my "purple prose" and its tendency "to go off into hyperspace." In other words, the bullshit I write here is typical of my writing in general, yet so far it's gotten me gold stars left and right.

I have a friend who tells me that I write and sometimes talk like a pretentious twat. It's funny, because I have yet to complete my degree while he just got his.

I got a paper returned to me from a professor the other day. It got an A+ but next to the grade was a comment criticizing my "purple prose" and its tendency "to go off into hyperspace." In other words, the bullshit I write here is typical of my writing in general, yet so far it's gotten me gold stars left and right.

Just keep in mind who your audience is while you're writing, and that should help.

zabu of nΩd;10484859 said:
Just keep in mind who your audience is while you're writing, and that should help.

Academics who are always trying to one-up each other by pointing out any possible flaw. It's the quality control that preserves the illusory authority of my institution.