The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Dreadnought's CD release show was last night. It was absolutely phenomenal, the house was packed, so many good friends attended. A multitude of minds were blown, the sound guy was so good that I hired him for future shows, our merch sales were off the chart, we got paid a lot by the venue, and the after party went until dawn.

We'll have video footage from the show pretty soon here, and the album's gonna be up for free download either tonight or tomorrow.

Just saw Iron Man 3. I guess it wasn't too bad as far as going to the movies by myself goes.

Dreadnought's CD release show was last night. It was absolutely phenomenal, the house was packed, so many good friends attended. A multitude of minds were blown, the sound guy was so good that I hired him for future shows, our merch sales were off the chart, we got paid a lot by the venue, and the after party went until dawn.

We'll have video footage from the show pretty soon here, and the album's gonna be up for free download either tonight or tomorrow.

Very cool, Kevin.

BF's band played a gig last night at a bar and grill, one of those places with a million TVs all over the place showing different sporting events and packed to the brim with tough guys and guidos. The band sounded awesome and I saw a very drunk Polish guy bleeding profusely from his head outside the bar. I have no idea why he was bleeding, just saw the guy come outside, take his shirt off and place it on his head in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

Tired because I stayed up late playing UFC Undisputed 3. PP and I are sort of evenly matched, I'm interested to see who ends up on top - probably him because it's his Xbox and I don't have one.

BF's band played a gig last night at a bar and grill, one of those places with a million TVs all over the place showing different sporting events and packed to the brim with tough guys and guidos. The band sounded awesome and I saw a very drunk Polish guy bleeding profusely from his head outside the bar. I have no idea why he was bleeding, just saw the guy come outside, take his shirt off and place it on his head in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

We had this venue in the town where I grew up called the Union Station. I was never clear as to whether it was supposed to be a sports bar, biker bar, or venue, and it had all these things you mentioned, plus a hardwood dance floor, these fish tanks on the back wall, and the wall behind the stage was covered in these upside down cd's...

After looking the place up, it looks like they have a disco ball now too.

One time we were playing this benefit show there and some of the members of Nightbringer showed up to see us play... they got in a racially charged fight with an islander who was attending, and that was the first time I saw the bouncer dropkick someone. That guy was a badass.

At Eligos: That sounds awesome! I'll have to check out your band soon.

If you wait a week we'll have professional-quality live videos, and our music will be on spotify, last.fm, xbox music and myriad other hosts :)

But otherwise it's up for name-your-price download on bandcamp and physical copies are on our bigcartel.

I've got to today and in theory half of tomorrow to finish an essay. I need to get it done and printed today though. I've got less than 12 hours. I need to write maybe 4K, with a third of that being rewriting some of what I've done. I've been so stressed out over this for so long. Academia isn't for me. I'm sick of fixing up fucking references. The whole thing will be 15K words long. Urgh. It's like shitting out a baby whale.

Union Station is the primary train terminal in half the major cities in the US.

seriosly i had no idea

the one in fort worth is called Inter modal transportation center

It's the same way in Denver. Union Station is the central office where the buses and light rails port. But Colorado Springs isn't populous enough to benefit from commuter rails.

i seriously had no freaking idea that the term "union station" was used for anything outside of Dallas because of the Fort Worth's union-station-type place is called the Inter-Modal Transportation Center