The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Oldboy is a fucking awesome movie.

Is Moon along the same lines? Whats it about?

EDIT: Have you seen or heard of the Japanese movie Audition?

Audition almost made me sick to my stomach. Movies usually don't bother me to that extent but damn. I will watch it again when in the mood for something so...uhh...intense.

not trying to be a troll here

seriously asking

what the fucking hell is up with all those blue-eyed-blonde americans that are totally fucking obsessed with Japaneese-made movies??

i mean, seriously, it's not like any asian-race, born-and-raised in Japan people are sitting around endlessly discussing superhero movies

No movie has made me sick to my stomach, but there has been one close call and that was Martyrs. It was difficult to sit and watch the entire thing.

Seriously, fuck that movie.

Fuck yes dude that movie is the chitte.

I think I mixed Moon up with another movie on my list, but here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=twuScTcDP_Q

Awesome! The one you posted in the trailer is the movie I saw last night. Seriously awesome ass movie. Some ways similar to A Space Odyssey but different in other ways. Besides listening to metal I watch a shit ton of foreign films especially Korean and Japanese ones. Oldboy is the shit! You've seen the entire trilogy? Besides the original I really liked Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

You may like if you haven't seen it already Takashi Miike's sorta recent film 13 Assassins. That movie is the bomb. It's Japanese thriller action so right up your alley!

Kafkax: I have to try out Audition, going to check netflix for it right now. :D Are you talking about the French movie Martyrs? I loved that film. The only movie that really made me sick was A Serbian Film... that was just disgusting.

sweet.

I'm off to another interview for another teaching gig. This time at Irvine Valley College. Tiny college in the OC. Judging from the email exchange I had with the department chair, they seem to have their shit together, which I like. I currently have 3 classes lined up for the Fall. If I could have one more, I'd be a very happy man. 1 campus pays the rent and bills, the other pays the monthly expenses, and the third goes into savings.

Awesome! The one you posted in the trailer is the movie I saw last night. Seriously awesome ass movie. Some ways similar to A Space Odyssey but different in other ways. Besides listening to metal I watch a shit ton of foreign films especially Korean and Japanese ones. Oldboy is the shit! You've seen the entire trilogy? Besides the original I really liked Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

You may like if you haven't seen it already Takashi Miike's sorta recent film 13 Assassins. That movie is the bomb. It's Japanese thriller action so right up your alley!

Kafkax: I have to try out Audition, going to check netflix for it right now. :D Are you talking about the French movie Martyrs? I loved that film. The only movie that really made me sick was A Serbian Film... that was just disgusting.

I'm getting around to finishing No Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, I've started it a couple times but it always reminds me of this agoraphobic friend I was really close to who fell completely off the grid a couple years ago, so I zone out and think about her when I watch it. The first time I watched it was with her and her boyfriend.

I just watched 13 Assassins the other night, ha ha. Ridiculously gory, I ate that shit up. It was definitely a weird one. Check out Audition, you'll love it. And also if you like epic amounts of suspense, look into Let the Right One In. It's a Swedish movie about vampires.

not trying to be a troll here

seriously asking

what the fucking hell is up with all those blue-eyed-blonde americans that are totally fucking obsessed with Japaneese-made movies??

i mean, seriously, it's not like any asian-race, born-and-raised in Japan people are sitting around endlessly discussing superhero movies

seriously asking someone, anyone, for an explination for this^^

also
why is it that people from Australia come all the way out to Dallas Texas just to see where JFK got shot??

JUST BOUGHT TICKETS TO SEE GODFLESH IN NYC IN OCTOBER

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

10/18 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of Living Arts
10/19 New York City, NY - Irving Plaza
10/20 Boston, MA @ Royale
10/22 Chicago, IL @ Metro
10/24 Seattle, WA @ Neumos w/ Nails, Prurient
10/25 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre w/ Nails, Prurient
10/26 Oakland, CA @ Metro Opera House w/ Nails, Prurient
10/27 Los Angeles, CA @ Fonda Theatre w/ Nails, Prurient

seriously asking someone, anyone, for an explination for this^^

also
why is it that people from Australia come all the way out to Dallas Texas just to see where JFK got shot??

Why does it have to be a racial thing? Foreign films aren't bound by the same tropes as the Hollywood scene, I've found. So the plots and story arcs are more creative. I like foreign films for the same reasons I like HBO and indie flicks.

Foreign films aren't bound by the same tropes as the Hollywood scene, I've found. So the plots and story arcs are more creative. I like foreign films for the same reasons I like HBO and indie flicks.

thank you for actually answering my question