The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I am retard and can't figure out how to do this.

Kiddo and I both slept like shit last night. Thankfully my work shift is a short one today since a nap is in order once that's over and done with. Ugh.

Almost saw a middle aged chick on a bike get hit.
She went right through a stop sign at a 4 way stop thinking that a random hand signal was good enough for a car. Dumbass. Lol

And Whisky, right click the image and click in Adblock

But do you find fault with my logic?

Also, I was fat during middle school and high school, and I only saw that as a problem when I joined the wrestling team and got squished.

This is a hilarious mental image. I was too unfit in middle/high school to even think about joining a sport. I still suck at every single sport!

Just ordered some Dr Who DVDs for my dad for Father's Day!

I do actually. Overweight people of either sex are viewed less favorably than fit people. Unless you happen to live on Isle Monoxide.

Well, duh. I meant that overweight women are viewed more unfavorably than overweight men in a comprehensive analysis of a person's value, by virtue of the fact that physical appearance figures more strongly into such an analysis of a female rather than a male.

Which ones? Classic series?

Well, duh. I meant that overweight women are viewed more unfavorably than overweight men in a comprehensive analysis of a person's value, by virtue of the fact that physical appearance figures more strongly into such an analysis of a female rather than a male.

In some social/cultural areas, maybe. I haven't seen any evidence that this is some sort of universal thing.

I just ate three eggs. I like me some of those. Other than that everything is pissing me off.

Not to imply that the opposite of what Zeph is suggesting is the truth, but I've seen far more couples in which the woman was obese and the man relatively average instead of the vice versa. Unless, of course, you're living in American sitcom land.

I think thats because women seem more prone to putting on lots of weight. Men all seem to get a little pudgy, but not to the point one would assume to be a dealbreaker...That may just be that I notice it on women more. /shrug

Not to imply that the opposite of what Zeph is suggesting is the truth, but I've seen far more couples in which the woman was obese and the man relatively average instead of the vice versa. Unless, of course, you're living in American sitcom land.

I've noticed this, too, and I think it argues my point instead of refuting it. And every time, the man is either a ghetto douchebag or a scrawny, bookish type, both of whom I'd say have such low self-esteem and desperation that they quest according to the low standards that they set for themselves.

Also, it's fallacious to assume that being in a relationship makes overweight women more content with themselves, since they secretly know that their man would without hesitation have preferred someone thinner. They know they were chosen out of desperation but stick with their man because women are more prone to loneliness than men (at least in terms of social constructs).

It's pretty funny how Dr. Who is considered "cool" these days but I'm sure these circumstances may be different, considering you've purchased DVDs as a gift for your father. I used to watch the old episodes from the 70s and 80s with my dad. :)

LMAO "Troll 2"

New series, season 7 part 2 + The Snowmen. Dad loves Amy Pond a sort of unreasonable amount - he gets easily attached.

He's been a fan since the 60s. I didn't get into the show until ~2006 or so. I find it emotionally difficult to handle especially because I associate it with father-daughter time and he cries SO MUCH which would be fine if he didn't have such crippling depression/many other ailments.