The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Why would being a female be easier for you to express who you are?

I feel mostly uncomfortable acting as a male would in Western society, but I sometimes feel as if I acted in more feminine ways I'd be ridiculed by my family, coworkers, friends, etc. and told that I'm being 'gay' or being a faggot. I know that the proper response would be to forget those people if they can't accept me as I am, but when you've got very little in the form of a social 'web' of sorts it is hard to cut people out of it...

but as I said before I don't hate being a man, I'm fine with it, I just think were I born a female I would've been better for it.

I feel mostly uncomfortable acting as a male would in Western society, but I sometimes feel as if I acted in more feminine ways I'd be ridiculed by my family, coworkers, friends, etc. and told that I'm being 'gay' or being a faggot. I know that the proper response would be to forget those people if they can't accept me as I am, but when you've got very little in the form of a social 'web' of sorts it is hard to cut people out of it...

but as I said before I don't hate being a man, I'm fine with it, I just think were I born a female I would've been better for it.

What exactly are these "feminine actions" that you're referring to?

Anyways, I can somewhat relate. I get ridicule for some of the things I do and don't do, and it's not a great experience. I'm a pretty awkward, reclusive person, and it's hard to maintain healthy relationships with people when you don't really feel all that great about yourself. It's hard to live up to society's expectations.

Don't forget, there's advantages and disadvantages to both sexes. I'm sure if you were a women, there would be certain things that made you wish you were a man.

Trying to wake up. Dreary weather doesn't help. On a side note, I read something fairly amusing on Facebook: My brother and his gf are returning from a week trip to Hawaii and are traveling via LAX back to New Jersey. Apparently their flight in Los Angeles was held up by Bill Cosby. I don't know any additional details but the thought of being delayed by The Cos seems real funny.

I'M FUCKING MARRIED.

Bon Voyage!

I've come to the conclusion that I think that I wish I was born female, not that I specifically have any dislike for being male. Just think that who I am as a person would be easier to express without fear of social and familial negativity.

That said I'm still relatively comfortable with how I am now anyways, and I wouldn't want to ever give up my beard 8)

Gender and/or sex changes won't change your family or social circle's behavior much. An extremely PC drama queen is disliked whether male or female. However, boobs.

I think women generally have bigger trouble being accepted by others. When they're ugly nobody cares what korean band they like and when they're bitchy all the other girls hate them. They have to discuss idiotic masquerade shit with other ladies and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.

Kitten heels are the fucking worst. Paysage d'Hiver is full of win. For some reason late spring/rainy days is the best time to enjoy all bleakness and winter themed black metal bands.

I've come to the conclusion that I think that I wish I was born female, not that I specifically have any dislike for being male. Just think that who I am as a person would be easier to express without fear of social and familial negativity.

That said I'm still relatively comfortable with how I am now anyways, and I wouldn't want to ever give up my beard 8)

The grass is always greener I guess. Have you even thought about the enormity of going through life as a walking piece of meat who can be impregnated forcefully, periods, childbirth, and worrying about getting raped and shit?

:lol: I'm shocked.

Stop being a bitch and act like you want to act. As long as it doesn't affect anyone else negatively then do your thing gurlfrand.

I'm not surprised.

Why would you want to be born as someone with a historical disadvantage? Do you feel that it would lend additional credibility in your battle for equality and leveling the playing field?

I'm sympathetic for the Jewish people but I still wouldn't want to be a Jew anywhere in the Middle East, much less 19th century Russia or anywhere where pogroms are or were carried out.

I think women generally have bigger trouble being accepted by others. When they're ugly nobody cares what korean band they like and when they're bitchy all the other girls hate them. They have to discuss idiotic masquerade shit with other ladies and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.

:lol: Fucking sigged.

The grass is always greener I guess. Have you even thought about the enormity of going through life as a walking piece of meat who can be impregnated forcefully, periods, childbirth, and worrying about getting raped and shit?

Oh I don't think life would be easier from a realistic standpoint. I understand that women have it much worse than men do almost universally. Discrimination against women in society is essentially deemed to be acceptable, I just think from a personal perspective I'd be more comfortable with being myself. But like I said I'm fine being a guy anyways.

Why would you want to be born as someone with a historical disadvantage? Do you feel that it would lend additional credibility in your battle for equality and leveling the playing field?

I'm sympathetic for the Jewish people but I still wouldn't want to be a Jew anywhere in the Middle East, much less 19th century Russia or anywhere where pogroms are or were carried out.

It isn't anything about credibility or anything of the sort, just a wholly personal thing.

Since I have a very passive personality I think *in ways* it would be easier to be female too. While ambitious women have a tougher time escalating themselves in society the less ambitious ones get something of a free pass for not being ambitious. Men have a certain expectation (and biological imperative) of ambition leading to either success or failure. This is why there are both more billionaire men and incarcerated men. Women as a whole seem to have almost an implied level of sustained mediocrity- which sounds like a godsend to us lazy males.