The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Sounds like a pretty good situation you got there. Though I forgot to say that the standardization behind education does such a disservice. So many people want to learn for the sake of learning (I was one of those kids, probably why I hated high school...) yet they make teachers teach certain things, and it's all about the grades, and how well the district performs... I know you're in an inner-city school and I would imagine this is especially challenging.

I'm still exploring my career opportunities, but I know I will teach something someday. Only once I feel like I'm experienced enough to have any actual valuable input, though.

The neat little rant Zeph posted is an excellent expose on the level of intellect that is so desperately concerned with feel-good buzzwords like "social justice".

and I'm fucking 22 years fucking old
I'm a fucking adult and she violated not only my 1st, 2nd, and 4th ammenment rights, but this fucking bitch cunt went against the fucking motherfucking company fucking code.

I'm surprised "weres mah soshul justis??!!" wasn't in there. Inquiring minds do want to know how they managed to break all those "ammenments" with a phone call...

looking at zeph's friend's rant

3shnxk.jpg

Sounds like a pretty good situation you got there. Though I forgot to say that the standardization behind education does such a disservice. So many people want to learn for the sake of learning (I was one of those kids, probably why I hated high school...) yet they make teachers teach certain things, and it's all about the grades, and how well the district performs... I know you're in an inner-city school and I would imagine this is especially challenging.

Word. Standardized tests are a waste of instruction time and just make students stressed and jaded. I mean a few tests are obviously beneficial but at this point they just slew them on the kids and teachers, often with a one day warning.

Honestly, I just told some of the students who were struggling to not even worry about the prompt and just use the King speech as a starting point to reflect on their views of freedom and justice. Only two of the 30 kids in my class managed to score a 3 out of 4 anyway, so it's not like we're losing anything by having them write on another subject. I'd rather have them reflect on the concepts then waste time struggling with this awful prompt.

I'm still exploring my career opportunities, but I know I will teach something someday. Only once I feel like I'm experienced enough to have any actual valuable input, though.

That's smart of you. I thought about teaching right after I graduated college and backed out at the last minute. I'm really glad I didn't start then. It really requires a high level of maturity and self-knowledge to lead a class and at the time I think I would have been overwhelmed.

YESSSSSSSSS BROWNIE

I've been drinking at least one drink for 4 days in a row. I feel no human emotions and I haven't gotten SHIT done all weekend. Feels bad man.

Dude those biscuits are amazing! Good call.

Damnromulans it's Halloween season, you're allowed to have a drink every day until Nov 4th. :]

Realizing my life is ass backwards. Friday is my Monday and Monday is my Friday-ish. It's cool though, like my new job a lot.