The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

:lol:
You've never wondered how the first people figured out what to eat? Obviously there were tons of trials and errors, but if there are mathematical patterns and scientific principles that link pretty much everything in nature together why would food that you grow not be governed by those same principles and patterns?

Had a memorial for my grandfather today. Like 30 people up in this bitch. They're finally gone. Pretty much just dying to take a good shit, get stoned, and play some guitar.

Listening to Crystal Logic for the first time. Manilla Road have never clicked for me before, but I'm loving this.

^ :kickass:

Spiral Castle is among my favorite of theirs. Born Upon the Soul is such a perfect song.

Think i have some sort of problem with having things perfect. It's to the point where it's really difficult to get shit done because i keep editing and editing and it just never gets done.

I understand why people like bands like Manilla Road but I just can;t get into it. I really want to, I understand the talent there but it just feels so corny and I can't get over it. The vocals, the stiffness, the lyrics, it's just.. ugh

I can appreciate that way of thinking. But Burgerboy is so damn obnoxious and generally has suspect taste as it is... so I have a hard time reading his posts and not facepalming when he criticizes an awesome band.

I understand why people like bands like Manilla Road but I just can;t get into it. I really want to, I understand the talent there but it just feels so corny and I can't get over it. The vocals, the stiffness, the lyrics, it's just.. ugh

I get the same kinda feel from Psycho Billy groups, Nu Swing outfits, lo-fi indie bands that record in mono, etc. With some exceptions, of course (Jon Spencer does the retro thing really well). It feels nostalgic and ironic and whatnot.

I'd rather listen to The Stray Cats or Count Basie or a group that wasn't deliberately recording in mono, but it was the technology available at the time because nobody had figured out how to top scratches on a wax cylinder yet.

I'm thirsty as fuck but there's nobody to go chill out with. To some pub in the centre preferably. I'm stuck at home, thirsty and miserable. Only chance is this guy who fucking decided to go to a pub that I don't like too much. And it's 21:05. It's getting too late to fucking go anywhere to the centre. :(

Everything sucks. Last few days have been terrible. I'm hoping this shitstorm ends soon.