The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm starting to get a little fucking pissed off. I made a goulash and my girl isn't even responding now. It's fucking 16:36. Yesterday she fucking asked me to cook for her today.

Ondra, could you send me a goulash recipe?

There are some recipes in czech online, similar to what I do but I'm not sure if I'm good at translating recipes. Today I used 0.8kg of beef. Use some cheaper parts of the cow tbh, dunno what they're called in english, sry. And like 4 larger onions. First I cut the onions in smallest pieces and torture them on oil until they turn into this brown mush in the pot. I personally like my goulash dark and I think it's quite the czech way of doing it. It takes a while and this part is tricky because some pots especially tend to burn the onion. It basically needs to release the liquid and turn brown.

Then you add the meat and roast it a little in the onion mush, add seasoning (paprika, ground black pepper, I use ground and whole allspice, and marjoran) and shit like salt. And then you pour some water (this should be broth, but fuck making that) in (not much!, just so the meat pieces are somewhat under in the liquid. Then you cook it for one or two hours (depending on the quality of the meat. Some gets tender in an hour and there's no need to continue).

Out of random google images pictures, this one looks alright, I prefer a little darker:

4914.jpg

Some people add shit like wieners or chilli, some add vegetables, but honestly, fuck all that shit. Goulash is ONIONS and MEAT.

I had svickova the day after I met Ondra (I had got my departure day mixed up, I could actually have seen the band). It was really nice. There were berries in the dumplings. The sauce was sexy.

Thanks, dude! That is similar to recipes I've made that my father recommended, but I wanted to see what a native does with it. I'll certainly incorporate your suggestions.

When I've tried to do goulash, I've done fucked it by not letting the beef cook long enough and by not having the right flour to make proper dumplings.

When I've tried to do goulash, I've done fucked it by not letting the beef cook long enough and by not having the right flour to make proper dumplings.

I've always served it over egg noodles. Might save you the trouble.

Doing the dishes before taking off to Illinois for the weekend to hang out with Schmidt, see my partner, and see one of my favorite regional doom acts, Wicked Inquisition, in concert.

I'm making goulash soup tomorrow and now I'm really looking forward to it. I prefer it more watery with potatoes, it takes longer to cook (2+ hours easily), but it's fucking great, I can eat it 3 days in the row.

I hate watery stews. English stew is basically water with cabbage floating about in it and no flavour.

I had svickova the day after I met Ondra (I had got my departure day mixed up, I could actually have seen the band). It was really nice. There were berries in the dumplings. The sauce was sexy.

Well I was fucking sick and hangover the day after we had beers and I had to cancel the concert date. Actually we went there and I felt so sick that we just left after one beer. So yeah.

EDIT: I'm feeling like shit now too. Runny nose and a cold. And three nightshifts in a row beginning tonight. That's gonna be grand.

Fucking hungover as fuck.

Witnessed a major bar fight last night. Dudes and girls caught in a tangle of nine to ten people. It was fucked.

I love getting baked and jamming doom metal, so that's what I'm doing. I figure since I'm gonna be home alone with no one to play with for 3 months I'll try and do some sort of instrumental doom thing just for the shit of it.

The wife and I had a small get together at our place last night, so tonight is drinks at home, finishing off the leftovers, and going to bed early.

I love Saturdays.