The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Thanks guys. I've been in contact with 2 people who have replacement dogs (right word in English?) so I'm gonna check them out in Saturday and Sunday. Only problem is that both places are around 4 hours away from me. Should be a busy weekend.

Losing a dog is a heartbreaker man. I was literally sent home from work 4 years ago when my black lab/German Shepard mix had to be put down because I was an emotion sobbing little girl to the point I couldn't function properly. Sorry dude.

Not drinking. Yesterday I couldn't even fucking move. Blocked spine or something. Terrible stuff. Today it's better and I have stuff to do tomorrow and on the weekend so I hope it keeps improving so I can do stuff like walking and basic moving around.

Not drinking either. Today I'm up early, actually got out of bed when my alarm went off instead of sleeping in for another hour or more. This is a very rare occurrence. I wonder if I can do it again tomorrow.

It's not as bad as having your pet toad killed by John Goodman.

hqdefault.jpg

:lol: He was actually named after the character in O brother.

One cool thing about working 60+ hours every week, aside from DAT paycheck, is how quickly the weekend approaches.

I go from a full 8 or 9 hours of investment banking to getting stoned and jamming while I get paid too much to mop floors. All in all, not a bad life. Also got a raise and I've only been at the day job a little over a month.

Pretty like.... Certain of my financial future right now. Also toying with the idea of shoving all my tax returns into a high risk mutual fund because I like to live dangerously.

Working that much wears on you. I've been working five twelve hour shifts a week or more for a half a year now. Pretty sure I'm more of a miserable cunt than I already was. Too tired to function properly outside of work and I fall asleep like an old man. My diet includes way too many energy drinks and fast food... End up going grocery shopping Friday night, sleep through most of Saturday.... Try to get a little bit done on Sunday... Then.... Back to work. Fuck being oilfield trash.

Met with my sponsor at a coffeeshop downtown tonight, but it was packed, so we ended up going to this fancy-ass Russian restaurant down the road that had amazing borscht. Then we went to the meeting, and I had a weird sort of a-ha moment there. Came home, read a bunch of stories from the big book, and concluded that I'm even crazier than I thought.

Currently listening to 2000s era Steely Dan for the umpteenth time this past month. No work or appointments tomorrow, so I think I'll stay up late tonight watching American Horror Story.